Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Couldn't resist adding a post!

I have a JZX-91 Chaser half-cut in transit at the moment. The plan at the moment is:

BIG FMIC
with water spray
Apexi S-AFC II
Stoch ECU
3" custom exhaust
Chaser autobox with mild torqu converter for starters (at least until I find a 2JZGE W-58)
Stock turbos running around 10psi (will hi-floe & replace ceramic bits with steel later)
Electric water pump
Bosche fuel pump
Chaser radiator - or re-core Supra radiator
GFB Stealth BOV
Upgraded brake discs, rotors, lines and fluid - stock callipers behind
Stock wheels
Few other bits & peices I've forgotten!

Also having the interior re-upholstered right now - black & red to match exterior SDR.

Will keeps ya posted,

Justin
JZA-61 in the making

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, time for another update,

Still nothing to take pictures of. But, I have ordered/bought the Apexi S-AFCII, 600x300x75 FMIC, boost & H2o temp gauges, straight-through 3" system with hi-flow cat, Turbosmart single stage twin-turbo boost controller, GFB Stealth BOV, Bosche fump and anti-surge tank, Green Stuff pads & slotted rotors. short-shifter kit, tacho booster, and more.

I was going to borrow Norbie's idea of using the Hilux tailshaft for added strength - the local shop offered to make me a super-strong custom shaft for only an extra $50 or so! Also getting a heavy duty cltch made up.

The seats and doors should come back from the upholsterers this week. I'll also get 'em to put in the moulded carpet - I had a go last weekend and it isn't as easy as it looks! Also noticed heater core is stuffed when I pulled back the old carpet - just diconnected it for now.

Now I just need the 2JZ W-58 bellhousing and associated clutch bits. The hunt continues ...

Then put it all together.

Then, I have to get BOTH an engineer to OK it and the local road vehilcle safety guys.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Furgot to mention that I'm having the radiator triple-cored, but sticking with standard water pump for now. If things start heating up - I'll look at improving water flow and fan speed/size.

- Justin

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
On this topic, Paul Pyyvaara had some cooling problems with his 2JZ Supra which were solved with the installation of a splitter. This ensures the maximum amount of airflow is directed through the radiator, instead of going around it. Looks pretty groovy too IMO!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my Chaser front-cut from the Toy SHop in NSW, Australia. See: http://www.japimports.com.au/toy_comingsoon.htm

It arrived last month. No front crash damage. 91,000km on the dial. All owner's manuals, log-books and history stuff still in the glove-box. Condition looks excellent. Has the tiny FMIC, but came without yoke and front brakes. Cost was significantly more than JZA-71 Supra half-cuts - opportunists are cashing in on the Cressida 1J conversion boom. Prices have risen again since I bought mine! The Toyshop guys were OK to deal with.

I'm going to try to go with the Chaser shifter and auto-box for now. I've also started measuring-up the Chaser radiator as a cheaper alternative to a re-core. Though I think I'd be lucky to get an easy fit. I also have the SAFC-II, but will need help wiring it in (electrics is my weakest auto skill and the instruction book is all Japanese!

- Justin
JZA-61 in production

"This car kills fascists"
- Woody

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Norbie said:
On this topic, Paul Pyyvaara had some cooling problems with his 2JZ Supra which were solved with the installation of a splitter. This ensures the maximum amount of airflow is directed through the radiator, instead of going around it. Looks pretty groovy too IMO!

Hey Norbie, has Paul ever thought about making some of these?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeez Norbie, Rollins sure beats Toy Shop prices (Aus. $5795 for the Aristo). But then, there's more cost involved on top of that in actually getting the 2JZ working in the Mk2. Or that's what I keep reminding myself to keep the pangs of jelousy at bay every time I watch that video! :)

- Justin
JZA-61 in production with a 1JZGTE, which is almost as good as a 2JZGTE ... honest! :wink:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Norbie said:
Muchbzy said:
Probably not, but I do have in my possession a template of his splitter. :)
What is his made out of? Is the top of the front angled? Is is better than the orginal under belly plastic piece? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
1. Some kind of plastic; Paul uses the same stuff on his rally car, so I guess it's pretty tough.

2. No.

3. I didn't know such a thing existed, so I don't know if it's better ot worse!

·
3,283 Posts
Norbie said:
Muchbzy said:
Probably not, but I do have in my possession a template of his splitter. :)
wouldn't consider parting with a copy of that would ya?

inquiring minds want to know. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
53 Posts
here i oz, a 1J conversion can be done for about $7K,
a 2J (aristo) would be an option because of obviously, more power, more torque.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts