Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I recently changed out my washer fluid reservoir (it was leaking BAD)and now I notice another leak. The leak appears to be in some kind of elbow joint which joins tubing from the passenger side headlight washer and tubing going to the driver's side headlight washer. It is located directly under the driver's side headlight assembly itself. What is this thing called so I can order a replacement? Anybody had this problem before? Thanks.

Kurt

·
Registered
991 Posts
You probably don't want to order a new one....~45.00 from Toyota. You are much better off to try to find one that is still good at a recyclers if you can. If the leak is from the very center of the elbow, I've had great luck cleaning it up real good and sealing the leak with a dab of RTV. I forget the actual name of the valve. It is part of the headlight washer system. If you don't really need the washers, just take the T out of the line coming from the windshield washers.

Leslie

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I had the same problem in mine. coulden't figure out why I never had and fluid to wash the windsheld. I just caped off the line that went to the head light washers (really how often do you use the headlight washers anyways....?)

will

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
umm i have the same problem with my car. the water just leaks out from the joint. i took a look and it comes out of a little hole on the L joint

My solution---> dont put water in washer fluid reservoir, and wash your windshield every time you fill up at the gas station :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A friend of mine (greyfalcon) gave me a couple of these L valves off a parts car and last weekend I took apart my driver's side headlight assembly and replaced the bad one (which is underneath the headlight assembly). Now I can use both the headlight washers AS WELL AS the windshield washers. I love it when everything works :) Now the only problem is sometimes when I close the hood the tubing leading to the driver's side windshield washer somehow gets pinched and only the passenger side will squirt. I think its due to pinching between the hood and the rubber strip just below the rear edge of the hood. I guess my strip is getting old and hard and needs to be replaced with a newer and softer one.

Kurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts