Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 428 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: 23OCT2013

I got the car running in 2010 and blew the engine in 2012, poor tuning by myself and fuel where the problems. Thought I drop this post from page 40... up front to save you some time scrolling to find the cool pics. Haha

Well little update on the plan for the car, both to inform you guys and to keep myself from going crazy over here. haha So I've decided to scrap most of what I've put into the car. From the pistons in the block to the fuel pump feeding the engine. So in good old fashion I'll put a list up to keep myself on track and to maybe put the word out on the parts I'm looking for.

Purchased Parts:
- Greddy 4 Row intercooler
- Hypertune Intake manifold
- Precision 7675 CEA Billet wheel
- ID2000 Injectors

Parts in search of:
- GSC BeeHive Springs
- GSC Stage 2 cams
- Ferra 1mm Oversize Valves
- Titan Billet Tensioner
- Titan Billet Mains
- Titan Adjustable Cam Gears
- AEM infinty 10
- Aeromotive Pro Series Fuel Pump
- Aeromotive Pro Series EFI regulator
- Aeromotive Billet Speed Pump Controller
- Gates Racing Timing Belt
- BC coilovers
- .... to be continued as I dream more over here. haha

If anyone has suggestions or changes they would like to recommend let me know. Post it up lets have a conversation, I'm bored and have nothing but time to kill. haha This is the last time I want to build this car haha Also if anyone has leads on parts someone is trying to sell let me know.

Thanks,
Leon

What the car look like about 3 months prior to the melt down.

/END EDIT 23OCT2014

So I've finally gotten close enough in parts i thought i would start a build thread. Not only will this help keep you guys informed but it will help keep me on track. In the end we will reach a major payoff that everyone will enjoy.

So stick around check out the pictures and stories. I'll be updating my To do list every so often along with pictures. Maybe someone might be able to help me with a part sourcing along the way. :D

To do list: Completed
  1. Rebuild Engine
  2. Engine / Transmission mounted
  3. Wiring
  4. Fuel System
  5. Turbo Oil lines/ Oil cooler
  6. Inter-cooler piping
  7. Exhuast
  8. Tuning

To buy list: Purchased Items
  • 2JZ-GTE
  • Front-Sump oil pan
  • Eagle H-Beam connecting rods
  • JE forged pistons (Standard 8.5:1 .20 over)
  • Cometic 2.0mm MHG
  • PT74GTSHP
  • RPS Long tube Turbo Manifold
  • HKS racing waste gate
  • Aftercooler A.K.A "Intercooler"
  • TiAL 50mm Blow Off Valve
  • Titan motor-sports Fuel Rail duel feed 8an/6an return
  • Titan motor-sports 1600cc (151lb domestics) injectors
  • Aeromotive A1000 regulator duel 10an in/6an out
  • Aeromotive A1000 w/ pre and after filters
  • Clevitte bearings set
  • Main bolts
  • Oil squirters
  • Oil Pump
  • Water pump rear housing/Meizure electric water pump
  • Complete timing belt setup
  • Complete serpentine belt setup/tensioner
  • Alternator
  • PS pump/Reservoir
  • Haltech E6A EMS
  • MSD DIS-4
  • R154
  • 1JZ bell-housing
  • 1JZ clutch and flywheel setup
  • Drive-shaft
  • Engine mounts MrTechNic
  • Mk.II Auto tranny mount
:hsugh:

Engine Build:

Teaser Install: :iocrunks2:

Pictures of the build of the years so you don't have to scroll through all the pages.. :D

Fuel pump/kill switch/Sump'd tank:

Intercooler mounting/Wire tuck:

Fuel System

Final engine mount:

picture consolidation.......

http://youtu.be/pNU6mIMYEVg

Thanks,

·
Registered
876 Posts
You do know your going to have to take a trip to Mn with that thing when its done....

Nice job so far man thats one clean car to begin with can/t expect anything less for the swap too.

-Sean

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You do know your going to have to take a trip to Mn with that thing when its done....

Nice job so far man thats one clean car to begin with can/t expect anything less for the swap too.

-Sean
I'll definitly have to check it's "road worthyness" when it's done.

I'll have more posted up today.. Just working sucks.. ha ha

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Updated Pictures, Still more to come. Please let me know what you guys think of the links, Should I keep them or go with fixed pictures in the thread?

Thanks for looking,

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
118 Posts
I see you rebuilt the 2j did you have any problems getting the harmonic balancer off to take the timing components off. because I have tried damn near everything to get the bolt out. I've tried light heat from a butane torch, impact gun, 3 foot breaker bar and prybar on the flywheel to hold the crank still. but my compressor is only a 20 gallon 1.5 horsepower. but I even turned the presure up to 150 psi and my husky impact still didn't take it off and my husky impact is rated at 600 ft lbs in reverse. IDK any thoughts on my issue?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't have that much trouble, wow.

What I did was, removed oil pan (upper and lower) placed a bar with a towel wrapped around it between the crankshaft and block (wedge affect). Then I used a breaker bar and "cheater bar" on that. It broke free first try, BTW this was on an engine stand.
____

Side note, we took apart my friends 7m-gte today and the harmonic balancer bolt was finger tight!! Not so good..

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off course not... haha NO actually I'm waiting on motor mounts. I'm saving for the Exedy Twin clutch it's $$$$ a lot...

Sorry I'm not really made much of any progress.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I see you rebuilt the 2j did you have any problems getting the harmonic balancer off to take the timing components off. because I have tried damn near everything to get the bolt out. I've tried light heat from a butane torch, impact gun, 3 foot breaker bar and prybar on the flywheel to hold the crank still. but my compressor is only a 20 gallon 1.5 horsepower. but I even turned the presure up to 150 psi and my husky impact still didn't take it off and my husky impact is rated at 600 ft lbs in reverse. IDK any thoughts on my issue?
What i have done and it has always worked. Heat up the bolt till it is about red hot and then use an impact imedialtely to get it off. A guy that used to work for honda taught me that and it is how they did it in the dealership.
You cant lightly heat it, you gotta make it red hot.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
What i have done and it has always worked. Heat up the bolt till it is about red hot and then use an impact imedialtely to get it off. A guy that used to work for honda taught me that and it is how they did it in the dealership.
You cant lightly heat it, you gotta make it red hot.
This is also a good way to wreck your harmonic balancer fyi.

Using something to wedge the crankshaft in place with the oil pan off is also not such a good idea, can stress rods, rod caps, mains, and the crank itself in unusual ways.

Good way to ******* it is if its in the car put a breaker bar onto the bolt and against the ground, then bump the starter, it should loosen it. This can in theory hurt the starter though.

With it on a stand you have more to worry about, get a buddy to help hold things in place. Very big screwdriver or buy the tool that Toyota mechanics use that bolts to the block and bites into the flywheel teeth to keep it from turning.

You can also make one from an old starter and some welding, that will bolt into the starter location, can be used in or out of the car.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Good way to ******* it is if its in the car put a breaker bar onto the bolt and against the ground, then bump the starter, it should loosen it. This can in theory hurt the starter though.

Although I've done this myself many times before (I do consider myself an experienced mechanic), I would NEVER recommend this to anyone, especially newbies. You can get seriously injured doing it this way.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Being that it is about ready to snow, I thought I would tear in to the 2JZ-GTE project. I had to give the 6M-GE at least one last summer.

Below are pictures of the removal which went along rather smoothly!

Lost the pictures somehow over the years.. will update again if I find them -- 2009

1 - 20 of 428 Posts