Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1181 - 1200 of 1213 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,187
Its the same as the mk5 Supra's (Z4's), except minus 200lbs/ft lol

ewww Turbo in Lemons, good bye reliability :p
Bwah ha ha :laugh: Turbos don't have a great track record in Lemons, and they suck gas in a big way. With the current torque curve in a 2200 lb car it should be nearly unbeatable in Lemons.

The Supra will be testing at a track day this Friday. Next weekend I'm running the Rd ATL race in our old MX3. If we can stay out of trouble it should be a contender.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,188
i loooove those bronze wheels on that car, looks awesome

I like the bronze better than black wheels. The problem is that they're 9" wide and stick out past the bodywork. Fender Flares and an updated paint job will be done if the car runs well at the test day.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,189
Track day update: Road Atlanta 12-6-19. Video will be added when iMovie stops crashing on my laptop.

Executive summary:
1. The car drove onto the trailer under its own power after 5 sessions.
2. Oil pressure (65psi hot at speed, 33 at idle) and coolant temps (180-190) remained steady all day.
3. With a couple of clear laps during the final session it ran its fastest lap ever at RA: Hand-timed 1:43.9
4. The cars weighs 2340 lb with no driver and the weight distribution is 50/50. Now I have to find a way to increase front grip!
5. The transmission has a big gap between 2nd and 3rd gear that was not as evident with a torquey 6 cylinder.

Video of the 4th session: Never got a clean lap.

[video=youtube;/bGF3L96ZCEU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=/bGF3L96ZCEU[/video]

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
Looks quick. Time for a BMW gearbox to resolve those gearing issues.
You're killing me! :eekfacepalm:

A friend who drove the car yesterday is seriously considering doing exactly that with a KMiata kit and the chassis in my driveway. There would be some fabrication involved with transmission mounts and driveshafts, but it could be done.

·
Premium Member
4,031 Posts
About $970. Shipping is likely another $100 minimum from Poland. Company is legitimate though. Lots of E30/E36 people running their shifters.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You're killing me! :eekfacepalm:

A friend who drove the car yesterday is seriously considering doing exactly that with a KMiata kit and the chassis in my driveway. There would be some fabrication involved with transmission mounts and driveshafts, but it could be done.
Don't need no fancy adaptors....https://youtu.be/i5pOq4c2yEw
Lemons team did this to mate an LS to a BMW transmission and stay "in budget". It survived longer than the junkyard LS in the first race.

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
It doesn't sound that bad, just not as good lol.

Seems like you have lots of revs! About the gearing, are you already running a 4.3 rear end? I you aren't running out of gear, you could got to a shorter rear end to shorten the effective gap between gears. There are some variations between w boxes too for gear spacing over the years and models.

Nice balance and curb weight! This might be the lightest mk2 Supra ever now.

1181 - 1200 of 1213 Posts