Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1221 - 1222 of 1222 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
One of those times where the car's not the only thing making skid marks, eh, Billy? You two sound like you're having a blast! I can't wait to really drive my Celica. She's getting a new-to-me rear end put in as we speak. =)

·
Super Moderator
10,410 Posts
I have time, energy, and passion for these projects, so why not. There are worse hobbies to have :)

I did find a kink in the left frame rail in front of the crossmember today. It doesn't affect the alignment, but will affect the position of the front air dam.

You could actually open up the inside of that rail, from the wheel well. If you remove this panel (by drilling out the spot welds)...

Underneath that one is another piece of 18/20 gauge sheet steel, the piece that forms the front half of the wheel well. You can see it here with all of these parts, including the rail, seperated...

You could cut out a an access hole through the wheel well piece to get unrestricted access to that dent and then be able to hammer it out fully. Then weld that first piece above there back on and you shouldn't be able to tell you were ever in there if you do it right (but race car, so probably don't need to finish it that nicely).

Here's the whole post where I took apart a rusty front end to fix the battery acid leak these cars suffer from...

Photobucket is bandwith limiting everything so they are probably blurry, you should be able to right click on the images and open them in a new tab to view them at full resolution.

1221 - 1222 of 1222 Posts