Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, been awhile. I bought another 85 supra and want to repaint it in the factory 2 tone blue/silver colors. Can I get some pics of the factory 2 tone cars. I even thought of replacing the current blue with black and keeping the silver in the pattern the factory laid it. I think that would really look sharp. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Here are some of our 86 two tone p-type:

Here's all 3 of our Supras parked together...our own mini-meet! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. You have some pretty cool stuff going on with that car. It looks nice. I really do love the 2 tone scheme. Also I would have to say that is the first time I've seen bean wheels on a mk2. Lastly, the b pillar window louvers. I have a set of those at my dads. I pulled them, and a Erebuni rear wing off of a mk2 in a U-pull it in California and toted them all the way back to Ohio. I thought I had the only set. Good stuff.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Thanks! I'm going to try restoring the two-tone (it's mostly minor things) and hopefully be able to enter it in shows. The mags I just put on the car for a little while after we got it, because the tires were shot on it. They were from a friend's 1968 Datsun Roadster, and I sanded them some, and had the lug holes machined to use the factory Toyota lug nuts.

I only have the one side window louver. I found it on a celica in a junkyard, along with half of the other one, which blew off one day. I found that they can contribute to the rear quarter windows leaking, so it's off of the car until I can seal up the rear windows. I'd like to buy a new pair sometime for my black car. They work great for keeping the car cool, and saving the vinyl rear side panels from sun damage.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Nice!

I love red and black 2 tone a lot...That's what I might want to paint my car. Someone post pics of the nicest red and black one they have seen!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Im thinking a Gunmetal or Deep Purple Almost black with Black stripe like factory or roof would look ok

1 - 11 of 11 Posts