Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

This will be my first thread on the forum... not new to the Toyota community but newly acquired an 83 l-Type with some restomodding in mind.

Having gone over my car to determine everything broken I have come across a few parts that just can't be found easily - I am sure everyone without a Perfect supra knows my struggle.

Let's start a list so we can help the community find some solutions - when it is more or less complete we can tally up how deep the deficit goes for these items.

Here's a few to get them out of the way;

Whiskers
Hatch Seal
Tail Light Assemblies

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
It would be easier to list what is still available, at this point.

·
Registered
3,026 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
I wouldn't consider spamming us with Rockauto's catalog that useful. Their inventory changes all the time and its far easier to browse it there. Its all mechanical stuff anyways. The problem is that most of the few items that people do reproduce is a one time thing. 5 years from now having a list of a bunch of stuff you can't buy is probably more frustrating than helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Keep cruising over to the parting out section OR the FS threads for your hatch seal. I got mine for $40, used and it's GOOD!
Headlight whiskers have been preproduced right here in this forum. You may also find ;'em in Japan-land. NEW, in bags. Used is good. Check FEE pay often.

A couple of our forum members have CUBIC yards of parts. WTB works, sometimes.

·
Registered
49 Posts
JP3 Motorsports has whiskers for sale. I haven't bought whiskers from them but I've bought a battery hold down, AC block off plate, and wiper arm adapter and those products were all high quality.

·
Registered
182 Posts
AC evaporator core isn't available, OEM or aftermarket. I'm hoping aftermarket production isn't halted altogether, and this is just a result of virus-fallout, but Four Seasons and Denso can't/won't give me a straight answer.

5/4/21 update: Denso just showed back in stock in one online store. I just ordered one. Hopefully it's not an error and it actually shows up this time.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Hello there,

This will be my first thread on the forum... not new to the Toyota community but newly acquired an 83 l-Type with some restomodding in mind.

Having gone over my car to determine everything broken I have come across a few parts that just can't be found easily - I am sure everyone without a Perfect supra knows my struggle.

Let's start a list so we can help the community find some solutions - when it is more or less complete we can tally up how deep the deficit goes for these items.

Here's a few to get them out of the way;

Whiskers
Hatch Seal
Tail Light Assemblies
I recently purchased new wiskers through the Amayama Trading Company. They were shipped through FEDEX and arrived in about two weeks. I am currently looking for a winshield washer resevoir and Lt snf Rt front mud gaurds for my 1983 Supra. Amayama said these parts are discontinued.

·
Premium Member
6,152 Posts
Members on this forum have those parts!

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
You guys do know if you can get them in Japan you can get them here if they are a USDM part? You just have to wait longer as Toyota ships them from a Japan warehouse to a US warehouse to a dealer. I've had this happen a few times over the years. What you can't get now is JDM only parts thru a US dealer. By the time you pay import duties and shipping it's probably still a lot cheaper to spend the 65-70 bucks for a whisker and get them from a US discount dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll be taking note of the more high-priority parts. Just going to 3D scan every part on my Supra at this point - why not?
Ya'll need to be less pessimistic - otherwise what's the point in being a Celica Supra (in my case general Toyota) Enthusiast?
This may take a year or more to put together... but I have access to a cnc routing table that can cut big foam blocks for molds of all kinds, in addition to 3D printers for smaller stuff. My goal is to get into making CF, FRP, PVC (whatever works) parts/panels for various Toyotas. I will be scanning both N/A and Turbo SW20 Mr2s as well as my personal 83 Supra, 84 4x4 and 77 2wd Pickups. Some of these models suffer from very little aftermarket as well - in terms of performance oriented parts and whatnot... even if this isn't lucrative it may be worthwhile just to get some goodies for my own projects out of it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts