Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday afternoon around 6:00 i was on my way back home from getting a price on how much its going to cost to paint my 85. may be youve seen pics, its the one with the doors shaved. well I put back on all the lights and front plates. So im driving around with no glass in the back hatch and no hood and such and i pulled in to a chevron to get gas and got out on my car to check why i was ideling so high and all of a sudden when i got to the front of my car a cop was all ready in back of me with his lights on and said over the mike get back in your car. i guess he thought that i was a threat? so i did and i gave him insureance and lic. and reg. i had it all ecept my SR 22 :bad-word: for me thats like driving on a suspended. so he arrested me and found my brass nuckels in the back of my car that i for got that they wer there. :bad-word: i was so made. every time i drive my supra i get in troulbe by my WIFE or the LAW. What the hell is going on today? so i spent the night in jail and i posted bail.........I spent all the money that i was going to use painting my car on tickets and shit. I had to be out the next day for my sons birthday. I know that sounds bad but im a good person and those FUCKING cops i swear wer just haveing a bad day. I think i should get rid of my 85.... nothing but problems.

·
Registered
174 Posts
ouch... that is some bad luck, dont sell the supra, that is never a good choice:) to many projects end up that way.
sorry to hear the bad news
Scott A

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Andrew...I am sure this isn;t what you wanna hear right now...

but many times the cop is as stick in a situation as you are...

He may not want to bust your ass about offense X.... but when he stops you, he has to call in your plate. Once he does that, the supervisors know about the situation because they have nothing better to do than to listen to the radio all night... and at that point, the cop has the choice between keeping his job and the ability to pay his bills... or letting you go, and looking for a new job...

While I really do sympathize with ya... sometimes being a cop is just as much of a shit sammich as being the guy on the opposite end..

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

no no no, im sorry im suposed to keep this paper with me when ever i drive. i didnt know that. Its called a sr22. If i dont have it on me its considerd driving on a suspended. its because i have to many tickets in the past. I also didnt have a rear plate on the car. thats why he came up behind me.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tickets

26 tickets at age 20. Im not proud, but beat that :lol:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:shock: dam that sucks man. How much do you pay for insurance with that SR22?
PS. I hate the PIGS over here in Cali.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i can't beat 26 tickets at 20 but i have.......7, had some very unlucky situations that were not my fault.....well maybe stupidity. last year when my 84 was broke down i was driving my fathers 84 olds detla 88. i got one speeding ticket for going 80, i was like ok maybe i was doing that, then the brakes failed and i ran into the back of someone, stupid car, then i got another speeding ticket for doing the same thing. One month after I finally realized that the speedo was off 13 mph...ouch but the other tickets all bad luck too happened before that...i just have terrible luck.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Supra Bob said:
Andrew...I am sure this isn;t what you wanna hear right now...

He may not want to bust your ass about offense X.... but when he stops you, he has to call in your plate. Once he does that, the supervisors know about the situation because they have nothing better to do than to listen to the radio all night... and at that point, the cop has the choice between keeping his job and the ability to pay his bills... or letting you go, and looking for a new job...

While I really do sympathize with ya... sometimes being a cop is just as much of a shit sammich as being the guy on the opposite end..
Not true..Police officers can exercise discretion when they choose to.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how much i pay.

I pay about 435.00 A MONTH from ALL STATE. they are a very nice and respectable company. not one of the cheaper ones thats for sure. my girlfriend pays about a hundred for 91 cutlass.
:bad-word:

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Andrew-Had I known after I left saturday that you were gonna wind up in pokey, I woulda grabbed all your cool $#it from your parts collection! Seriously, I was once in similiar sitch-On my way for weekend w/son, pulled over by officer freindly for some very stupid behavior on my part-luckily, he was on a Cycle and could not transport-Ex Marine who let me know just how lucky I was to not be someones girlfriend for the week-Ive never forgot his Sermon-At least you got to see your son-By the way-Wife, Son, Girlfriend, and MK2-Where do you get any time or Money? :twisted: Shifter works great-see post in drivelines

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Re: how much i pay.

Avp23 said:
I pay about 435.00 A MONTH from ALL STATE.
:shock: :shock: OMG and i always bitch to every one i know about paying $130/month for insurance (BTW i also have to have an SR22) and its only liability and uninsured motorist. :x

I hate those MONEY SUCKING LEACHES :bad-word::snipersm: (INSURANCE)

·
Registered
211 Posts

Avp23 said:
I pay about 435.00 A MONTH from ALL STATE. they are a very nice and respectable company. not one of the cheaper ones thats for sure.

Damn. Thats one of the funniest things Ive ever heard.

That are raping you for $435/mo and you say they are nice. You are paying them up the a$$. Its no wonder they are nice...youre their best customer.

You may want to give up driving for a year....and save yourself over $5000.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Insurance=Big Arcturial STAte Run Dice Scam-BASTARDS

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
please dont think that i dont know. but i got to drive my son around and, well you know. the jay o bee......
but its mostly because i have such a long record

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

Avp23 said:
I pay about 435.00 A MONTH from ALL STATE. they are a very nice and respectable company. not one of the cheaper ones thats for sure. my girlfriend pays about a hundred for 91 cutlass.
OUCH!

I have Farmers Insurance and if I paid mine monthly, it would work out to $82 per month. That's with 100/300/100 liability, uninsured motorist, rental car, towing etc.

I haven't had a ticket since I was 18 years old. (I'm just very lucky)

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts

Holy shit! I take it you're under 25 as well. With any luck, someday you'll be a conservative old geezer like me. I pay just about that much PER YEAR for FULL COVERAGE on each of my supras. But I think you gotta go for like three years without a single ticket or accident before insurance will give you a break. Mabe get one of those "Back the Blue" stickers on the back glass so cops will think you're one of the good guys and try and take it easy a bit. Good luck.

Phil

Avp23 said:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
[quote="dohc82
Not true..Police officers can exercise discretion when they choose to.[/quote]

Yeah..thats the theory...but let me tell you from personal experience, it doesn't work that way. Minor things (speeding, blowing a stop sign, etc...) yeah... but ANYTHING that should require a report be done... the choice pretty much goes out of the hands of the officer...

·
Registered
39 Posts
its the end of the month... they need to fill their quota's
sorry about your troubles. they are @$$holes up here arent they..
i nearly lost my licence cause of overselus(sp?) PIGS. :mad:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Oink Oink....Any chance of getting a smiley for me with a pig nose?

and theres no such thing as a Ticket Quota... :roll:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts