Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Be carefull, you might not want to give it to your little brother when everything is working properly!

·
Registered
487 Posts
when you were bleeeding the coolant, did you have the heater to max heat and at full blast?
toyotas get help with their poor bleeding by lifting the front in the air as well to make the rad extra high
also, get a water temp gauge if you want it accurate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Yes I had it at full blast on heat. Found out that the gauge is starting to go bad because it will randomly peg to hot. Verified with temp gun that it actually isn’t running hot when it indicates that it is.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
The water valve by the wiper motor is on/off type. When 50degC is sensed, the valve fully opens. It's a flap inside that make more/less air through the heater core.
As for the temp gage, the sensor is on the block below #2 intake. A short to ground will peg max the meter, while an open circuit indicates as cold. So the wire going back inside probably has an intermittent short with a ground wire.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
So much knowledge , appreciate all the advice and guidance. So helpful !!!!
It appears to be an issue in the cluster. If I tap the gauge cluster slightly it bounces back to normal. Maybe a poor connection or weak gauge. Going to pull cluster eventually to change bulbs and take a closer look at the connections

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Does anybody have any pictures of their wiper arms/cowls. I got the new to me wiper motor in and passenger wiper arm on but it appears to be hitting the cowl. I’m guessing maybe the cowl is off a celica or a the arm is for a different year ?

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle
Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle tire Electricity

Probably not the proper cowl.
May be from the base Celica.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Haha car has been amazing. Honestly to the point where I want one myself haha. But the fact that parts are so tough to find sometimes makes it a difficult choice. But man do I love the car. Kinda jealous now haha.

Haven’t been doing to much on the car. Little bros grades haven’t been the best at school so I told him we’re not going to do anything until he gets them up again.

only thing I’ve done since last update is I took it too work and did an alignment on it 👍🏽. Was way off.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Haha car has been amazing. Honestly to the point where I want one myself haha... But man do I love the car. Kinda jealous now haha.
Yep, they kind of do that to you..

Reactions: Fern82ma61
81 - 96 of 96 Posts