Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Would you be interested in an LJM Strut Bar Group buy?

• Yes - I do want to participate in the LJM strut bar group buy and will be ready no later than the en

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - I'm not interested at this time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm setting up a poll at the request of several, to verify the interest in another group buy.

If you are new and don't know what the bars look like, PM me or send me an email and I will send you pictures.

Bars are fabricated by an independent race car fabricator and are are made of 3/4" steel tubing welded to 1/4" steel plate for mounting across all 3 strut mounts. Bars are adjustable Horz. and Vert. through the inclusion of a Hyme joint on the Driver's side. Bars are available in a wide range of color choices as long as you pick powder coated black. :roll: (black really is the only color available)

This bar will fit any MKII Supra with a 5mge, 5mgte, 6mge, 6mgte, 7mge or 7mgte. QUALIFIER: depending upon the 5 or 6 mgte set up I suppose there could be issues but I am not aware of anyone having any issues. Mine actually clears my 7mgte better than it does the 5mge. Bars will fit with a Rabid Chimp intake pipe (AG graciously modified his design to make them fit together ):lol:

We must have a minimum of 10 prepaid orders in order to start fabrication so for the sake of others, please don't respond positively to the poll unless you are ready to send payment in the near future. Sorry guys but it isn't fair to make others wait 6 months while payments come in. :oops:

Bars are $160.00 USD shipped to your door in the USA. Shipping outside the USA is extra. Shipping runs about 25.00 to Canada slightly more the further away you are. Shipping outside the USA, the best idea is to try to find others who want a bar and have them shipped in 1 box to a single address, this will significantly cut individual shipping costs. In the past, some of our Canadian friends had them shipped to someone in the USA and had them driven across the border. Again, greatly cuts down on shipping costs.

Payment can be made via Paypal, personal check or money order. Sorry, not set up to accept credit cards. :cry:

I appologize for this post being so long but I'm trying to answer everyone's questions before you ask them.

Leslie

·
Registered
211 Posts
MkIISuperSupra said:
Bars will fit with a Rabid Chimp intake pipe (AG graciously modified his design to make them fit together )
You did a good job explaining away some questions. Sorry I still have one.

Modified when?

I purchased an intake about a year ago. Would that be a before/after modified pipe to fit the LJM bar?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaron wil probably have to give the absolute definitive answer here but I believe He modified his intake pipe before any were sold. I do know He modified the bar in Oct. or Nov. of 2001 so if you bought it after that there should be no problem.

HTH
Leslie

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Wallcrawlr,

In the fall of 2001, I brought the prototype AG intake pipe w/ me to the Vegas meet, so that I could test out the pipe on the dyno (to see how well the pipe worked @ 2,200 ft above sea level vs right at sea level during the initial testing), and to see how well the LMJ bar would fit in conjunction w/ the AG pipe. Yes, there were some fitment issues, where the bar was rubbing on the 2 vacuum hoses that come out of the 2 vacuum nipples on the intake pipe (and I took pictures of this problem, during the test fit while we were in the Luxor Garage).

If I remember this correctly, Aaron Garney only made possibly 1 - 3 intake pipes after the prototype pipe, then after that, he stopped production briefly, so that the vacuum hose nipples could be relocated, so that the hoses would clear the LJM bar. Intake production resumed around the end of October - beginning of November of 2001 & the vacuum hoses no longer have any rubbing issues w/ the LJM bar.

If you ordered yours in early 2002, then you have the redesigned intake pipe that will easily clear the LJM bar.

So yes, once again, I was the test vehicle for both of these lovely items. Heck, who's to turn down FREE DYNO TIME for testing out the intake pipe???? :D :shock: 8) Certainly not I...... :lol:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Would it be at all possible to get a "naked" steel bar?

Thanks,

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
white_mk_2 said:
Would it be at all possible to get a "naked" steel bar?

Thanks,
Oh, I don't even want to get into this.....

Pink and Purple polkadots are POSSIBLE. :Fade-color However, first the group buy would have to exceed 10 prepaid orders and second, it will cost you more not less. Sorry :cry:

Leslie

·
Registered
302 Posts
Do you know about when / what day you'll need the $$$?

I'm sure you'll have to wait till you get enough orders...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
86SupraMKII said:
Do you know about when / what day you'll need the $$$?

First things first. First, I have to meet with someone tomorrow to find out if we can even get the fabricator to make up another batch and what His timing would be. Very long story. Let's just say that a lot of it depends on his work load....

Then we can worry about timing. The cut off date isn't nearly as important to me as it is to the buyers.....so you all decide. I already have bars on both of my cars :BIG: and no amount of money is going to get either of them off my cars.....

But seriously, it just depends on you all and how quickly you want to get them on your cars.

I'll post tomorrow after my meeting if it looks like a GO in the near future.

Leslie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Leslie,

Do you have any idea on perhaps a ballpark figure to get one of these to Australia? No need to be in AUD. Although I'm sure I could get something over here, I don't know of anywhere that would be able to custom make me one to fit the 7m conversion.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ma61_turbo said:
Leslie,

Do you have any idea on perhaps a ballpark figure to get one of these to Australia? .
If you let me know what your postal code is I can check. I'll also talk to the traffic manager at work and see if He has any ideas about the cheapest rates. Of course a round trip ticket and I'll hand deliver it :D

Leslie

·
Registered
153 Posts
MkIISuperSupra said:
If you let me know what your postal code is I can check. I'll also talk to the traffic manager at work and see if He has any ideas about the cheapest rates. Of course a round trip ticket and I'll hand deliver it :D

Leslie

Round trip? LOL, if I could afford that I'd be using it myself to go to the Vegas meet!

Postcode is 5127. I would guess that cheapest would be surface shipping, that wouldn't paricularly bother me if the whole thing is affordable.

Cheers :D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dave,

Had to try for that ticket :lol: I love Australia!

USPS ground would be 4-6 weeks for delivery and 28.10 USD

USPS global express 3-5 days for delivery and 57.00 USD

UPS or FED-X and we start at 128.00 USD so they are out of the question.

USPS ground is almost the same as to Canada, really not bad, just way slow.

Leslie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Leslie,

Thanks for that. The USPS via ground, that would be insured?

What would be the cutoff date for registering interest. I'm gonna have to check the finances, I think :wink:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ma61_turbo said:
Thanks for that. The USPS via ground, that would be insured?

:
Dave,

No, actually that is without insurance. I can easily insure it but you will then be stuck paying duties on your end and may be a bit surprised how steep they will be.....

Waiting on feedback from others on setting a close date.

Leslie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what the duties would be? Might have to do some investigating. Don't particularly want to risk spending over 300AUD and have it "lost" on the way... :mad:

I'll keep watch for a close date

Dave

·
Registered
302 Posts
Leslie,

Are the strut bars being made??? I'd be willing to get one in 2 weeks if they're being produced.......

Just let me know.

What method of payment works for ya?

Neal
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 148 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.