Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my goodness, it was the funniest thing i've ever seen. lol, i was driving my friend to work and after the guy behind me almost rear ended me cuz he wasn't paying attention, i pulled up to the stop light. the guy who alomst hit me pulls up beside me and starts revvin up his engine. LMAO i look over and its a ford Festiva, ahahaha. i was laughing so hard. he starts waving his hand at me to race and hes revving his engine again. but i was in the left turn lane and he was going straight, so it was a no go. but if i did race him, lol, i would have done some serious @$$ kicking. he probly thought he was all good after i backed down. anyways, it was so funny, thought i would share.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
Festivas... don't they lose the stoplight race to garden snails?

·
Registered
807 Posts
My backup car is a festiva, and I've lost that race many times!

However, out of morbid curiosity, I discovered that it's not that uncommond for Festiva owners to drop in a B6T engine with ~125hp (vs 60hp stock) which in a 1700lb car can be pretty quick.

....why anyone in their right mind would want that tin box to go fast though, is beyond me. :shock:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
cartman said:
oh my goodness, it was the funniest thing i've ever seen. lol, i was driving my friend to work and after the guy behind me almost rear ended me cuz he wasn't paying attention, i pulled up to the stop light. the guy who alomst hit me pulls up beside me and starts revvin up his engine. LMAO i look over and its a ford Festiva, ahahaha. i was laughing so hard. he starts waving his hand at me to race and hes revving his engine again. but i was in the left turn lane and he was going straight, so it was a no go. but if i did race him, lol, i would have done some serious @$$ kicking. he probly thought he was all good after i backed down. anyways, it was so funny, thought i would share.
you should of told that guy that youll race him in reverse :lol:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think it might have had a turbo, it had this little hood scoop thingy on it. :roll:

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I delivered pizas in an automatic Festiva....highlight of that being I had it sideways at 45 down a gravel road :shock:

Back in school, a buddy of mine had a Geo, he wanted to drop in a B16A Honda engine(and a Motegi system exhaust?!?!?)... :roll: I told him to get some 13" gold Daytons and some curb feelers. Maybe one of those little gold plastic anntena things that has the three unmatching spokes and he'd be all set. 8)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Beware overly aggressive people in "under powered" cars. Remeber the post about the Hyundai Excel with the 2l Eclipse engine :shock: . He must have known that his car didnt stand a chance in stock condition but he still wanted to go...hmmm I wonder what he was hiding.
-Wil
paranoid

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
cartman said:
i think it might have had a turbo, it had this little hood scoop thingy on it. :roll:
how much boost do you thing he was running 1 maybe 1.5 psi LOL :lol:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Tell me about it; my one really big loss was to a early 90's Accord. It looked stock other then a nice muffler (about 2.5, chrome, not a fart cannon). As it turned out, he had swapped in a newer Accord V-6 and turboed it (forget what turbo, a T something)... that thing just flew (in comparison to my Mk II)... I should have guessed it from a "stock" Honda heading toward Woodburn (local dragstrip)

·
Registered
930 Posts
If the car is light enough, it doesn't take much power to make it perform.
I had a turbo Charade which could beat most V8s, and looked stock.
I had to sell it when I lost 12 out of 12 points for speeding.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm with Ross, the little cars can be quick, hell i've seen a v-8 in an MGB, who knows what he had in that bonet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts