Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... im in the middle of getting all the wiring ready to put in and ive hit a wall...

im led to belive these are ik1, and ik2 plugs or that of the same in a different form... the loom is out of a jzz30 soarer... can anyone help me to find out wat they are for and what they hook up to?

im really stuck on this one guys... if i can remove them from the loom it would be great, obviously it isnt going to plug into any of the supras plugs but if i can get rid of them or solve the issue i might start to see the light at the end of the tunnel on this project and bring this to life

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i should mention that they are rather close to the ecu...
thanks in advance

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the larger of the 2 had all the TRC and auto gearbox wires plugged into it. i dont have TRC or an auto so ive removed them from the loom.

im still feelin a little bit noob when it comes to the names of some of these plugs and what they connect to. any clue as to what the white plug is? im guessing there can only be a small handful of wires that ill need to keep out of the 3 but i dont really want to be hacking these off only to find i needed to keep them for what ever reason...

·
Registered
309 Posts
If your unsure, leave them on until you get it running then you can decide what you need. In any case your only going to need to extend the ECU harness wires and then connect something like 12 other wires into the body and ecu harness. Its a lot less complicated than it looks.

Once you get power to the ecu you just need to wire in the body harness for the gauges and stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well so far ive managed to strip the loom down and redo everything... im down to the last foot of loom closest to the ecu.. the plugs i mentioned ar in the pic for yall to see

it looks messy as ya said but hopefully ill get on top of it all by end of the week..

this is the larger of the 2 grey plugs... the wires you can see that have been cut off and twisted together are all related to the TRC and the auto gearbox

im left with all of these wires(close to the ecu) to hook up to wat im guessing will be the dash(instrument cluster)

i do have to ask tho... there is a hand full of wires that lead to the diagnostics plug.... where in the car would they hook up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts