Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to winnipeg from Calgary in 2 weeks.
what do you think I should check and get done before the trip?
Oil, change, lube, (my pressure gauge isn't working lately, I have a new one, do I need teflon tape for it?)
I'm thinking about a rad flush and fill.
air filtre
fuel injection cleaner(gas tank stuff)
tire pressure
clutch and brake fluid and power steering inspection and top up
Any other Suggestions?

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
You may want to increase the tire pressure a few pounds for better gas mileage on the highway. Dont forget to check the spare tire for proper pressure, and all your tools, jack, etc... Sometimes I bring a box with all fluids in it for an emergency. Good luck!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Don't forget some extra belts! They aren't heavy to carry along, are pretty cheap, and can be stuffed in the back with the spare tire! Oh yeah, a can or two of fix-a-flat! That stuff is like GOLD if you get a flat in the middle of nowhere!!!
If you really wanna be safe, get a can of "spare fuel", like Pennzoil Roadside Rescue Emergency Fuel:

This stuff is also a good thing to have around, especially if you can only get 250 miles out of a tank of fuel and like to strecth your "empty tank" a little further than you should (Like me!!!)...
Good luck!
Chris

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
Ratchet with a 10mm socket. Check each of your heater hoses in the engine bay and the little bypass hose under the intake manifold...

Over the year of owning the car, I have replaced every single one... All at fun and interesting times... wheee! one today at autozone, walked in, walked out, saw puddle, borrowed 10mm socket, bought hose, changed it out in 10min.

--BillyM

·
Registered
591 Posts
don't put the fuel system cleaner in it. if anything you don't want to be cleaning an engine like that if it doesn't get it regularly. highway time is great for an engine and will clean the system in itself and if you add the extra detergents it CAN eat up deposits that are keeping peices of the fuel system from leaking or old gaskets. not saying it WILL but it can. i wouldn't reccommed it. i put marvel mystery oil in my tank every time i fill.

differential oil. make sure it's full.

besides what you said and everyone else said that's pretty much it except for not only 10mm socket but 12,14,15,17mm too. if p/s pump belt snaps i think it takes 17.

one more thing. if your worried about your tire. i would think about seeing if you can undo your lugs yourself. i had ONE lug on my back tire that absolutely would not come off w/out an impact wrench.

but really if your car gives you no trouble in town it shouldn't on the highway.

just my 2 cents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts