Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those of you who didn't know, about 5-6 years agao, I spotted a silver MKI sitting in a lot out in the country while I was heading to work about an hour from here. Being the Supra goon that I am, I left a note on the windsheild and shortly thereafter got a call from a fellow named Josh. You know him as Josh=MKI. We finally met yesterday after all this time.
What he had told me was that he has a few parts cars in his barn. Well, there are 4 of them! I took the liberty of snapping a few pics in hopes of finding those missing parts you might need, and also to aid him in his acquisition of a certain new MKI which is quite a distance away. That flight isn't going to be cheap, nor the fuel to get that old honey back home. After seeing the level of passion for the MKI he has, I can think of none more deserving of a clean, rust free original MKI than he.
So, without further ado, here are some pics of what I discovered in his barn. Prepare yourself - they have been in there upwards of 5 years now, one as long as 8 years!! If I can find the time and perhaps the assistance from a few other local Supra afficianados, maybe we can get them out of the barn and start dismantling them so that the good parts can be saved. I couldn't get pics of all angle of all cars, but Josh will be able to answer any questions as to condition and availability

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Good GAWD!!!!

You know that domestic car website called "Cars In Barns"???? Here's the MKI version!!!!

Too bad you don't have enough Beige interior items!!! Devin Poorman & Armando Nieves would have a field day with you!!!!

Josh is full of surprises, isn't he????

<----- The Professor wishes he had some $$$$ to go visit Ontario & see the barn.... And help pull parts..

·
Super Moderator
8,160 Posts
Man that red/brown one is just plain sad looking...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Phil - great pics - I esp. like the first one of the front end under the brush - very artistic.

Josh, I gotta get down to see this for myself - I knew you had some parts cars but wow...

bh

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I loved the image and once I converted to grayscale, it's a frame able print. Almost makes me want to quit my job and become a photographer....:crossjerk
I just hope we can put all these parts to use since WHEN Josh gets that other 80 in BC, he won't need any spares at all!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Wow Phil! Those pictures turned out well from inside the dark barn, and particular attention to the B&W almost overtaken with wild grapevine.
I bought my first Supra in January '90 first year in college and was hooked from there. As a kid in my early 20's I had a really unique cool car, but I drove it hard, partied in it, camped in it, entertained girlfriends in it, had first date with my current wife in it (but pretty sure didn't produce any kids in it), basically it was an extention of me.
After a couple of years of abuse and rough winters, I had to put some money into it for repairs so I thought about a doner car, sure enough I found an identical one in KW same year, colour and trim only about 100 units apart. So why not just switch plates and no one would ever know! In the barn she goes I think in '93, the second one I drove until '95 It gave up on me then found the siver one slushbox ~ that was uncool so I swaped it to a stick thanks to doner #2. Drove it until '97, Parked it in the upper barn high and dry with good intentions, that was fine until it had to be moved outside in '04 and sadly the above picture shows it's tale. Oh one I never drove ~in the b&w pic. (bhg), bought it for the rims and interior parts in '94.
I thought my desire to drive a Supra again was for ever gone until I saw my current one for sale in a local swap paper last spring. Saw it and bought it on the spot. I was so happy and then stumbled upon the CS site again, (I viewed it about 5 yrs ago and couldn't find anything about MK1's) I basically though that there were none left on earth. Any way this time there was a bit of info, signed up and begged for an MK'1 section and here we are!
Well there is my Supra Autobiography, sorry for going on but every one of those cars have history and memory to them. Again thank-you Phil for getting re-aquainted and to the C.S. Site for giving me hope for MK'1 and in addition securing me that I am not alone with this great appreciation for MK1's.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey Phil:
Did the pictures of our two MK'1s turn out ok? Perhaps you could post one of them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Damn its like a supra version of Snakes on a Plane! MKI's in a Barn. In theatres Now! " Dont let the barn door hit ya where the MKI split ya!"

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Josh - they turned out quite well! Here's a few of them - tried to pic one that didn't show your aftermarket AC system.... :zzzzz:

And I revised the others for the halibut.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Hey Phil, that's awesome! You got my girl's good side! They both look great!

Thank's for the pic's :)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Looks great you guys!!!

Thread hijack: Phil: What tire size is that you're running on the Silver Slug II??? Are those the 205/60's??

Back to our regularly scheduled MKI babbling.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts