Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering about a few parts for my car. The intake hose connecting the maf to the throttle broke in half and I’m hoping there’s some type of after market thing to replace that. Also my gauge cluster is half busted and looking for a replacement for that

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
This may interest you.

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This may interest you.

So this fits directly from the throttle to the maf then? Also any chance you could send a picture of it if you have it installed in yours? Thanks

·
Registered
7,322 Posts
yes, from AFM to TB.

I don't have it (still oem)

but there is many pic of iton various cars in here. Take a look in the picture section.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
If you want to keep it OEM, I have complete connecting hose/pipe between AFM and throttle body for a reasonable price. BTW, The Toyota Supra never had a MAF sensor. AFM = Air Flow Meter. Flapper-door style.
Regarding gauge cluster - what year is your Supra? Is your Supra auto or manual? MPH/kph, KPH/mph? For a year or so the Supra had an 85mph speedo vs the 120mph and the gauge cluster for the auto has an extra indicator light that the manual doesn't have

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to keep it OEM, I have complete connecting hose/pipe between AFM and throttle body for a reasonable price. BTW, The Toyota Supra never had a MAF sensor. AFM = Air Flow Meter. Flapper-door style.
Regarding gauge cluster - what year is your Supra? Is your Supra auto or manual? MPH/kph, KPH/mph? For a year or so the Supra had an 85mph speedo vs the 120mph and the gauge cluster for the auto has an extra indicator light that the manual doesn't have
Would definitely be interested in that Intake if it’s cheaper than 300. The Supra’s a 1985 p type manual with the 130 mph gauge cluster

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Would definitely be interested in that Intake if it’s cheaper than 300. The Supra’s a 1985 p type manual with the 130 mph gauge cluster
I'll take and post a couple pictures tomorrow PM. I think I may also have a gauge cluster on the shelf, too.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Sorry, been a busy week. Yes i have an intake from AFM to TB. - i will be back tomorrow and post a couple pics i took

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Three pics of the intake items I have. Dusty from sitting an a shelf for a long time.
The top assembly doesn't leak but the metal bracket tab or whatever it's called that bolts the pipe down is broken off. The hoses clamps look rusty but work. How about $35 plus shipping
OR,
The second assembly in the pictures has that metal bracket tab on the bottom of the pipe. The hoses clamps look cleaner. The AFM is not included. $50 plus shipping.

The last hose that connects to the Intake Manifold is missing on both assemblies above.

OR,
In case you need just the pipe - the last pipe doesn't leak but the bracket tab thingy is broke off. Pipe only - $30 plus shipping

BTW, the big round thing is just a resonator. Not needed unless wanting originality - lots of people replace them with a short pipe.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Three pics of the intake items I have. Dusty from sitting an a shelf for a long time.
The top assembly doesn't leak but the metal bracket tab or whatever it's called that bolts the pipe down is broken off. The hoses clamps look rusty but work. How about $35 plus shipping
OR,
The second assembly in the pictures has that metal bracket tab on the bottom of the pipe. The hoses clamps look cleaner. The AFM is not included. $50 plus shipping.

The last hose that connects to the Intake Manifold is missing on both assemblies above.

OR,
In case you need just the pipe - the last pipe doesn't leak but the bracket tab thingy is broke off. Pipe only - $30 plus shipping

BTW, the big round thing is just a resonator. Not needed unless wanting originality - lots of people replace them with a short pipe.
View attachment 17199 View attachment 17200 View attachment 17201
Would be interested in the middle one is there anyway you’d be willing to let go of the afm as well for extra?

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Would be interested in the middle one is there anyway you’d be willing to let go of the afm as well for extra?
$100 for the middle one with the afm attached. Plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Here's a couple pics of an aftermarket pipe in one of my Supras.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Sorry, I couldn't resist that. There are a bunch of options out there. I have several Supras and I've put electric fans in all. Each is different from the others. If I recall correctly, I've got a couple with Ford fans I got out the junkyard for next to nothing, another is an old aftermarket setup from Rabid Chimp and another is from Raptor Racing.

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so would you recommend a fan shroud then? I currently have electric and I'm guessing they may be part of my overheating issue.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts