Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, rebuilding a 1986 Supra here that has been sitting since 01. Well, the fuel sending unit is toast. I took the pump out and cleaned it along with the sending unit. The pump came back to life, but the sending unit. Not so much. I recently found on one ebay but the guy wants 210 dollars for it, and.. well I only paid 300 for the car, so that is a nogo for me. If anybody could help a brother out it would be much appreciated. I mean, dont get me wrong. i dont mind paying for one but 200 bucks is a little on the high side for a poor mans pocketbook.
I also wouldn't be opposed to some advice on aftermarket sending units. I was debating on taking one for a 22r hilux pickup and seeing if it would work, but I just hate to spend the money and it not work out.
Thank you.
Chris

·
Registered
479 Posts
There is always having your existing one rebuilt. I believe this place does it for around $75-150? Never tried having it done, but I recall coming across the site when I was searching for a solution for my own unit.

http://tristarrradiator.com/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was rusted solid in my 1985 Supra...I did 3 hours of electrolysis on it then a gentle scrub and rinse with warm water and a soft toothbrush and it works like new.

This is the video ...search for this video title "Motorcycle Tank Rust Removal Using Electrolysis"

Sorry...I am a new member and can't post photos or links yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts