Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrrrgh,......I went to open my glovebox the other day, and the button(s)/latch assembly disintegrated in my fingers!

Color unimportant, so if you have one laying around, please let me know and hopefully we can make a deal.

The more I work on the interior in Ms Swan, the more little bits-and-pieces I find that just turn to dust when I handle them. 30+ years of California Sunshine have NOT been kind to the car. I'm amazed that the seats are still really nice.

....knock wood.....

Thanks!

- Jim

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think I have a blue one somewhere at my storage spot. I'm in Chicago tho, if you don't find anything local let me know and I'll see what I can dig up.

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I doubt if I'll find something much closer. Back in SoCal I might be able to, but out here in the mountains, uh.....don't think so.

No hurry, but if you dig one out, I'll take it.

- Jim

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Tazmo.

I'll take anything. The OEM latch fell apart to the point I can't even glue it back together.

- Jim

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Did U get this resolved ? If not I have a Blue one I can put my hands on immediately. PM me if the others don't pan out.

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Pkg on it's wayin Tmrw's mail. D

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got it solved drjim I thought rustbucket came through since I didn't see any other post on this.
It's one of those things I needed, and the first solid offer I had was accepted.

One of these days I'll make an actual list of bits I need (and there's LOTS of them) so I can start finding them.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Happened to come across 1 of these a few days before I saw this post.

Then couldn't find that particular one when I went to package it...... I thought NP .... I'll just pull another one fr 1 of the Glove box doors I already have Off Car....

In trying to take the Key Cylinder off.... THAT broke ....

OKaaaay... I thought I'll just pull one fr one of my cars until I can find the original 1 ...

Then (even though I was being extremely careful) pulled a (3rd) one fr 1 of my cars & THAT BROKE TOO !!!

Sorry DrJim ... will be refunding Ur $$ ..... as my lesson learned fr this is (unless ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY) don't ever try & pull the lock cylinders any more...

So I now have to try & find at least the original one... & FIX MY CARS NOW.... Arrrrggghhhh

So if someone wants to sell him one with the cylinder still in it... or can sucessfully get the Cylinder off.... go for it...

This post is now re-activated

·
Premium Member
4,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ahhhh....the joys of owning a 35 year old car!

Mine just fell apart in my fingers, and it didn't look bad. Some of the parts on the car that were directly exposed to the sun through the glass fell apart all on their own, but the latch waited for me to use it.

Sorry it didn't work out for us, and I'm open to multiple offers.....

- Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts