Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1984 P-Type
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tackling the parking brake. Rock Auto had the brake shoes but not the spring/adjuster kit.

Does anyone have a good set or know of a place I can buy a set?

Alternatively some part numbers I can search?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
No adjusters shown on rockauto, but all the springs and hardware you could ask for otherwise. You have to go to Celica>2.8L, then you'll find the right parts. They don't list things properly under Celica Supra, known issue for years.

·
Registered
1984 P-Type
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
NLA. You need to use the old stuff or source from a junkyard/parts car.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Looks like the raybestos H17349 only shows fitment for 91 and newer, but that may just be a cutoff of years.

The size seems in line with the supra shoes, so it may work for you. Amazon is pretty lax about returns, i say give it a go and see how close it is to what you need and which parts do and don't work.

·
Registered
1984 P-Type
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ordered H17349 from Amazon, looks like what I pulled off last night. I'll update this after Aug 3rd when I get the parts.

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
1984 P-Type
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Just to let you know this kit fits BUT you need to recondition the hold down washers from your original brakes - the ones that look like little drum symbols- because the hold downs included in the new kit will allow the brake shoes to pop at an angle and your rotors won't go on over the shoes or the shoes will rub. Also the adjusters are both right hand thread. No big deal as there are no auto adjusters to deal with. For the hold downs, I wire wheeled them,
soaked them in Evaporust and chipped away at the stubborn rust with a screw driver. Did a 1 week soak checked them periodically. Then washed, primed with Rustoleum Self Etching Green/Grey primer then Rustoleum high heat BBQ paint. Tough stuff.
They get reinstalled with the bump pointing out, away from the brake shoe. The round hold down spring sits on it.

Also painted the new springs and shoes and the reconditioned levers with green/grey primer and high heat paint. The 'paint' they put on those springs is more like chalk, wipes right off. Except the bottom green spring so I left that one as is. Here I was test fitting things

1 - 8 of 8 Posts