Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Guys, I haven't heard anything from Austin and he hasn't been online since the 13th of January so no the hatch hasn't been dropped off. Honestly it doesn't delay anything, we have ran into a few delays with the hoods (as you can see) and I don't want any time to go into the hatch until the delays are mitigated.

In the mean time if anyone has a hatch they can drop off and loan to the Advan please contact me.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sad days sad days. There is a ptype for sale there in brampton ontario for $650 total steal if some ones looking to get this thing on the move.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
Does the hatch have to be perfect? And does it need to be stripped? I have a couple that have minimal rust and one with a ton of rust. The ton of rust one I could ship and never care about getting it back. I have shipped a hatch complete with glass via greyhound before.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
William;

for quoting purposes the hatch can have rust but must be stripped. I don't want them quoting me and then later having to revise the quote because they weren't aware of something cause they didn't bother taking it all apart. I can check with Advan if they can quote with a rusted hatch...if they can then we just have to figure out a way to get a mint one to them.

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
If they can use a rusted hatch, and I mean rusted, I have one they can keep and can get the window out of it before shipping. If they need one solid enough to split the bonding and spot welds, well, this one wont do but I still have another hatch I could send but would want it back as it is useable. the one on my 84 I could send without worry of it being returned, but I wouldnt send the spoiler. Really only 1 questionable section as the metal is missing next to the window. I fiberglassed over the spot to keep water out. you can send them these pics to verify it is ok. I got another hatch a couple weeks back I can stick on it for now. lmk.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?48089-my-84-s-never-ending-build&p=823305#post823305

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
Finding a mint hatch to copy will be near impossible. However I think they could use the one from my 84, though will have to do extra work to the mold to fix that bottom corner by the glass.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Anything ever move with this? I've got the double wing 85 hatch on my car they could use or a Celica GT wingless hatch I have in storage. Only problem is I would have to ship it to them...

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
I never got a reply from George. I actually may be buying 1-2 more hatches from the same guy soon, so would have an additional option to ship to them. I just offered the one that's rusted because I wont need it back at all. The others I would want back.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Ok...heard back from Advan...I have good news and I have bad news:

1) He said this is 100% impossible without new hatch glass seals, so thankfully I had those done
2) He said we'd need to sell 50 ....which to me is virtually impossible but I've been wrong before.

I need high quality pictures of the both sides of the hatch...can someone please email me some pix as I have no time to look for them an don't have a car here to take my own pictures.

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
George, is it OK to take pix of the hatch on the car?

If it is, let me know what you want pix of, and I'll get them to you today.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
George, I have a couple stripped down hatches here, off car, no glass in them. I can grab you pics if you want. Shoot me an email, we should talk about the subframe brackets anyways.

·
Super Moderator
7,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Seamus, I have someone in SoCal who can personally deliver one. In terms of the brackets they are done and in my hands, but waiting on Steve to do a write up for me and also going to provide the kit with a new nut. I can ship you a couple of sets your way some time next week. I'll fire you off an email early to mid next week to work out the logistics.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts