Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
good celsup
i expect to see you in castroville its a hour from austin
ill get the san antonio guys and we can do lunch!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Nice snorkel. Might want to loose the breather on the valve cover though. PCV all the way.:)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Snorkel

Just as a thought, a snorkel is designed so that you can be almost totally submerged in water, and still be running... with that lil pos breather in the valve cover wouldnt water just spill through the filter and into the oil? Just a thought.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you should say that about the snorkel, great thing to have in Colorado......LOL !! never know when you might roll your truck into a reservoir. I like the look of them and the thought of what they are meant for, but come on.......submerging your truck in water ??? I think I would walk out of a situation before driving my truck through a lake.

I had this truck built from the ground up at ARB in Washington, motor would run under water I would guess, but the thing would be swamped everywhere else.....

I will be in austin for a short period, wed - sat. I will pm you my ##

Just as a thought, a snorkel is designed so that you can be almost totally submerged in water, and still be running... with that lil pos breather in the valve cover wouldnt water just spill through the filter and into the oil? Just a thought.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are pretty un-stoppable with arb lockers front&rear...
somewhere N. Canada.......good thing I had that snorkel in this situation, might not have gotten over that log.

I love those old Land Crushers.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Looks like you coulda used the chain saw attachment for the brushguard lol.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/1476687365.html

1972 Toyota FJ-40 Landcruiser! Emu suspension, with new coil, battery, plug wires, rims, spare, winch, custom rear bumper, am/fm/cd with tuffy center console. 3-speed on floor, have a rebuilt 2f motor and 5 speed h55 transmission also have split differential that will come with vehicle ready to be installed. Priced at $15,000 firm!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts