Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Im looking for a set of the side trimming for my supra. Im also wondering about battery recommendations? Also looking for a hatch since my is pretty much rusted out. (glass is in tact) Also wondering about converting my rear drum brakes to disc brakes since drum breaks arent very good. Let me know if you have any of these! im looked in Calgary Alberta

ps. im new to this site so sorry if this wasnt meant to be in this forum.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
You are in the proper section.

What is interesting is, all these cars came with disk brake in the back from factory. The center drum is only for parking brake. Somebody madesome strange mod?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are in the proper section.

What is interesting is, all these cars came with disk brake in the back from factory. The center drum is only for parking brake. Somebody madesome strange mod?
That could be the case my dad was the second owner of the car and doesn’t know much of the history of it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You sure yours is a celica supra and not a celica? Post some pics either way of course, happy to assist.
My dad told me that the back were drum but I haven’t checked yet so It might be disc

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've got a rear big brake kit for sale ($1000) in Edmonton with Wilwood 4 piston calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, and parking brake integrated. Unused.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've got a rear big brake kit for sale ($1000) in Edmonton with Wilwood 4 piston calipers, drilled and slotted rotors, and parking brake integrated. Unused.
correct Me if I’m wrong but isn’t the big brake kit only for wheels that are 15+in

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
My dad told me that the back were drum but I haven’t checked yet so It might be disc
LOL Go look between the spokes. You have discs, 100%. If you are truly quarantined and not able to access the car, check out the online shop manual MK2 TSRM On-Line

Classic car ownership is project management 101. Just like any other project, trust(or at least pretend to trust so as not to offend) but verify. Get your supply chains figured out, make a spreadsheet or what you order and when, when it is expected, where it's from, when it comes in, where you store it(label the box on the outside so you can see at a glance), and ultimately when you install it. Bonus tip is put a link to install guide in that same line if you're not familiar with the process. If you don't do that you're going to forget to order, double order, lose parts in transit or on a shelf, forget who you got it from, etc. If you're a pro with like one or a handful of projects you can keep track of everything in your head, but as someone who hasn't peaked at their rear brakes before asking for parts I'm betting you should get organized.

As for battery, I recommend Costco to anyone in the US that will listen to me. Great warranty, great prices, worth the price of membership for 1 battery alone. Helps that they sell quality Interstate batteries as well. I'm not sure what is best in Canada, but anything same size as stock from a local retailer you can trust is the way to go. It will likely crap out at some point, and a good pro-rated warranty saves some dough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Go look between the spokes. You have discs, 100%. If you are truly quarantined and not able to access the car, check out the online shop manual MK2 TSRM On-Line

Classic car ownership is project management 101. Just like any other project, trust(or at least pretend to trust so as not to offend) but verify. Get your supply chains figured out, make a spreadsheet or what you order and when, when it is expected, where it's from, when it comes in, where you store it(label the box on the outside so you can see at a glance), and ultimately when you install it. Bonus tip is put a link to install guide in that same line if you're not familiar with the process. If you don't do that you're going to forget to order, double order, lose parts in transit or on a shelf, forget who you got it from, etc. If you're a pro with like one or a handful of projects you can keep track of everything in your head, but as someone who hasn't peaked at their rear brakes before asking for parts I'm betting you should get organized.

As for battery, I recommend Costco to anyone in the US that will listen to me. Great warranty, great prices, worth the price of membership for 1 battery alone. Helps that they sell quality Interstate batteries as well. I'm not sure what is best in Canada, but anything same size as stock from a local retailer you can trust is the way to go. It will likely crap out at some point, and a good pro-rated warranty saves some dough.
Just stopped by today and grabbed a battery and can 100% confirm that it has rear disc breaks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
edit: I got all the electronics running today and am currently cleaning the brakes (very rusty) and bought a set of radial tas and all I need is a hatch!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts