Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

looking for wheels

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  mr drift king 
#1 ·
whats up everyone...my names parker im new on here. i just picked up and 85 p type with 43 k original miles!!! im pretty excited to start modifying a little bit although the car is beautiful as it is. i am looking for some nice rims. new or used if anybody knows of any nice, decent looking rims that wont break the bank i would appreciate it. they dont have to be real big or anything real real flashy but i kinda had some rims that looked a little racey in mind. for example like some black rims or even gun metal. anything cool...hit me up. my emails parker4@comweb.net thanks a lot all!

#4 ·
skip: my definition of breaking the bank is spending more than $200 per wheel. even $200 per wheel is very expensive to me especially because im heading to college in august. hope this helps. thanks

Slip: how would i go about doing that? would be as simple as just sanding the rims down and painting them? what would the process be? thanks

#6 ·
Unfortunately even on newer cars it is hard to find good "quality" wheels under $200. Heck they want $150 for a cheapo 17" Motegi wheels at Pepboys. Your best bet in that price range is to shop for used wheel. Old school Datsun Zcars are the closest fitment wise to MkII. I would recommend keeping an eye out in the For Sale section at the hybridz site. For new wheels about the cheapest place for wheel that fit are going to be Panasports (~250) , Revolution wheels (~$300), Centerlines ($200+). Most custom fits wheels are going to start in the low $400 range and can go up to 1000+ a wheel. About the only wheels you can find that cheap for a MkII are going to be Eagle wheels. They have like 2 or 3 15x7s that should fit. Unfortunately the styles are a little bland to say the least. HTH

#11 ·
you need at least a 15x7 to fit a decent performance tire for a mk2. I agree, ptype rims rock, and they look good, they're the perfect rim... for an AE86. But thats just my opinion. :)

Hey Parker, theres a thread around about some 19 & 18 inch rims in Ontario going for below 200 bucks a wheel. Tires will break the bank with them though and fitment on the front might take a bit of work. Also I thought the centerlines were about 170 US each before shipping?

#14 ·
#16 ·
last i checked the heliums were only in a 4x100 fitment anyways

i am looking at the koenig "rewind"
kind of a panasport look to them, just got to figure out fitting and price.

#19 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.