Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I am looking to purchase a rust free Supra MKII in good condition. Any leads?

Shawn

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Extremmly rare, but they do exist.
Either you are very lucky finding one, either you pay big $ for one on ebay/BaT/collector....

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
How deep are you willing to go? I love this 43,000 mile, 2nd owner queen. It seems that every car I own is always on the market, though. This one has been with me longer than any other car. EVER! Her name is Ruby and she's a beauty.
Gateway Classics has locations all over the US. I've noticed they have some from time to time. Check 'em out on the innerweb.
20180417_152628.jpg

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How deep are you willing to go? I love this 43,000 mile, 2nd owner queen. It seems that every car I own is always on the market, though. This one has been with me longer than any other car. EVER! Her name is Ruby and she's a beauty.
Gateway Classics has locations all over the US. I've noticed they have some from time to time. Check 'em out on the innerweb. View attachment 14419 View attachment 14419
Gateway Classics has locations all over the US. I've noticed they have some from time to time. Check 'em out on the innerweb. View attachment 14419 View attachment 14419
I do like this car. How much are you asking for her? I am currently in the market and have one potential car, but I don't think its as clean as this one. How much and where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
8,269 Posts
Here you go. Prepare to refi you house;

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Here is a really nice one.
Amazing condition, not much to add.
Leather is nice, so is everything else.
As many have said, it is original only once.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's out of my price range. It's a very nice car, perhaps when I retire. Thanks for thinking about me.

·
Founding Member
6,342 Posts
Yeah, that's out of my price range. It's a very nice car, perhaps when I retire. Thanks for thinking about me.
How far out? Its only an asking price and the general rule of thumb is to ask 25% more than you'd take. Plus, I think its really overpriced for the amount of paint imperfections. On the one hand, its good that its original paint since its not likely hiding a bunch of cut-rate body work, but on the other hand, its far from being ready to take to a car show. It's hard to tell how bad it is from internet pictures, but it obviously needs work. It kind of looks like a Lexus I once bought that had been parked under oak trees in the seller's driveway for years and never waxed. It may could be made to look presentable with a $1,000 worth of professional paint correction and touch-up, but that's a bit of a risk and risk is a good negotiating point. You could argue that it probably needs to be repainted and should be more like 30-35% off. Besides, 1/3rd of potential buyers are either out of work right now or worried they will be soon. It's a buyer's market.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Billy M,

Thanks for the inquiry. That's a fair point. In fact, I am no longer in the market for an mk2. I found a local one that is a project car. I appreciate your assistance.

Shawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts