Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a really loud clicking noise when making a hard left turn, not when turning right. I'm assuming it's my left axel boot. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Check your sway bar mounts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Could be as simple as the steer stop. Does it occur when driving at speed or do you only notice it when moving slowly and turning? Does it happen when the wheel is turned until it stops and then driving over a small bump? Could be the steer stop worn and rubbing.

The muffin man is seated at the table in the utility muffin research kitchen.
Scott

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It clicks louder at higher speeds, but it's only when the wheel is turned 100% to the left so I haven't been able to hit that point at a higher speed then 10 mph. It occurs when the wheel is turned as hard as possible to the left and not to the right.
________
Honda Cl175

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's the steering stop that's making the noise. It's a little metal peg that is supposed to be covered by a white plastic cap and when the cap either falls off or you wear a hole in it then the metal peg contacts the metal stop directly and you get that bad clicking noise. If you have just worn a hole in it you can pop that cap off, rotate it 180 degrees and put it back on and you should be good to go. If it's missing then it's junkyard time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts