Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clicky

Edit: Forgot to mention this is NOT my ad.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
How could they be universal when not every car has the same size rear window?

·
Registered
244 Posts
well i know that a old dodge omni/horizon and vw rabbits/gti had the same part numbers from jc whitney cause i bought one . i was just asking are there other cars these were made for that may fit the supra. yes i understand different size window and shape. almost every hatchback from the 80's had a louver option.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't tell ya.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
As far as a mulit-fit, I am not really sure since hanging around in j/ys long enough, I have noticed that the Celica LB/Supra has about the largest rear window from the 80's. Also many cars I have seen have a rectangle shaped rear window whereas ours is more trapezoid.

·
Registered
244 Posts
ok i see what your getting at. our back window tapers at the top. if we messure the bottom length, if we found another car with that same length then the top mounting point should center. then trim the side to match the shape of our window. now its just a question of do our beloved mkii have the widest rear window? of coarse i am excluding 240, 280z, camero and any other car that may have curved glass. the shelby daytona i found had a flat window. a old hatch back mustang has a flat window. isnt part of car culture to take the original and give it a personal touch. i joined to gain insight on what i feel is one of the most fun cars i have own. lets face it if it was perfect from the factory we would all have 5mge's and argue about l or p types. (sorry got a little off topic) i like louvers, now the quest begins.

·
Registered
515 Posts
About how much do used CelicaSupra Louvers go for in good condition anyways?

I like them a lot, and saw an 84 at a local junkyard with Louvers on the back... but my gf and I went in her mini cooper :/

hope they're still there!

·
Premium Member
7,913 Posts
Depends on condition and how much work you want to put into repainting them, for me at best $25 - $50 and still would have to look pretty darn good...IF your at PickN Pull in Newark stop by the station, even if your in the Mini hehehe...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts