Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yaay its back :D ....So i can finally ask the question that has been haunting me. How do you remove the lower drivers side dash panel to access the front speaker? I have the passenger side off no problem. I have removed the lower panel and 5 bolts. I have the center comsole removed and the instrument cluster pad(surround). It wont budge. What have I missed? Thanks
-Wil

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all...I found the bolts behind the dimmer switch and the "blank" plate. My plate has had a fog light switch installed in there. It looks stock! Strangely after tracing the wires it is hooked directly to the heater motor :? :?:
I tried the heater without the switch and it still works so I dont know...at least it is going into/under the heater motor mesh. Anyway the switch is the perfect spot for my driving light switch :D
I have now installed the 3" shakers in the stock spots and the 51/4 are in the rear spots. tomorrow I run wires and try to mount the head unit.
Later
-Wil

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well 11 hours over 2 days and the stereo is installed!
Why so long? Because First I have never removed the dash and the haynes manual leaves alot to be desired, Second I had to remove the remanats of 2 previous stereo installations with all the hacked wires and mess that goes with that. Third it turned out my "little" speakers are 4" so I had a little work getting those in but its worth it.
on the down side my 51/4s were damaged instorage so I have to replace those. On the bright side I was able to use the mystery switch in the "blank" panel on the drivers lower right for my driving light. Now I can replace the broken console.
Anyway its off to bed.
Peace
-Wil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.