Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

341 - 359 of 359 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
MOST of the slammers have had the rear camber mod.
There has to be some undercarriage scraping going on.
Not ONE car was "bagged?"

You have to rock the car to get off of those speed bumps,eh?
Yes,a steel skid plate is a good idea. Oil pan one,for sure.
Some of these cars have a special "D" shaped down pipe for higher flow.

Some of these Supras are REALLY low!
The impressive Supra is the car with the MEGA-sized rear wheels! Really!!!!!
I thought it was impossible,until I saw yours. Rears: 15x10's with 195/50
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?62408-Lowered-slammed-mk2-thread/page21

Someone must have seated the tire beads with starting fluid.
[URL=http://s514.photobucket.com/user/ddd228/media/image002.gif.html][/URL]

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Most shops these days have a cheetah or similar compressed air quick release device, they cost about 200 bucks and are much less likely to explode than ether/starting fluid since you know the amount of pressure you are going to get. Anyone doing stuff like this without the tire inside of a protective cage is asking for a darwin award though...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUSS7hNLIk

·
Premium Member
5,788 Posts
I have used a "Cheetah" in my shop!
Always makes me smile to have that much power strapped to my shoulder!
Fun to watch the little guys fire that thing off and see them fall back on their asses.

My boss tried it for the first time at FULL capacity and blew a traffic cone across the shop!(He was a big boy).

"I AM OZ!"

We giggled like school girls for 5 minutes! Smoke and steam comes out of the nozzle upon firing.

Great for removing the leaves and shit from the area below the wipers.
We also used it for a portable air tank: Changing tires in the parking lot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you verify and measure the offset yourself? -42 should be sticking wayyyyyy out as 8" 0 offset on mine with a 20mm spacer is about flush. Always loved formula mesh.
Oops, I fucked up on converting 2 5/8's inch to a decimal, its -47. Rim lip is about 1mm from untrimmed flare

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Now your numbers are even more dubious, i'm assuming you are talking 2 5/8 backspacing that you measured... -47 should have that wheel well past flush for an 8, have you got the measurements of the wheel without tires to confirm you aren't running a 7/7.5" wide wheel by chance? Rough math shows if you are running a 7" with much backspacing it should be about where you are. Either way post more pics, looks good :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now your numbers are even more dubious, i'm assuming you are talking 2 5/8 backspacing that you measured... -47 should have that wheel well past flush for an 8, have you got the measurements of the wheel without tires to confirm you aren't running a 7/7.5" wide wheel by chance? Rough math shows if you are running a 7" with much backspacing it should be about where you are. Either way post more pics, looks good :p
Totally 8j, had a 195/50 and it was stretched. Backspace measurement was not accurate so that's what's probably happening haha

341 - 359 of 359 Posts