Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I started an LS1 swap into my Supra, it's been slow going but my next project will be placing the engine. From the info I've gained from here and ls1tech.com one way to lower the engine enough so a t56 trans fits and allows the engine to go as near to the firewall is to lower the front X member.
So how will I compensate for this, will it hurt the handling greatly, will RCA's compensate for a 1-2" drop?

Cliffs
Lowering front X member so an LS1 engine can go close to the fire wall and as low as possible-how do I keep the suspension geometry from being lousy?

Thanks all!

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
I've thought of doing this to my car. It will lower the center of gravity. Use correct size RCAs to compensate with the suspension.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
this would require fabbing spacers between the cross member and the 2 unibody rails. no biggy if u have access to those kind of tools/equipment. x2 on the RCAs to compensate, u dont want to mess with ur suspention geometry especailly when having a big LS series motor/power. i would measure everything over and over again, then start mocking up the spacers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dylan,
thanks for the link- thats where a lot of my info came from, there and from ls1 tech- rwdcelica did the same in a Celica gts.
Rsdeo,
yah, I know about the RCA fix for this-I just didn't know how effective this fix was, I don't want to kill my handling.
83resto,
I can fab ok.
The LS engine may be wider, but it's lighter and shorter than the 5mge, and about 150lbs lighter than the boat anchor 2jzgte that I pulled out. (Anyone want a 2jzgte?)
The mock up starts as soon as my other, less pleasant responsibilities finish....maybe next week...I hope...if I'm lucky...;)
Thanks for the input fella's

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts