Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have my front lower than the back. What amounts should I use 1 inch 2 inch, performance wise what works best? Also how do I achieve this?

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
Hey, your speednic or something from the SupraForums right?

I have ST springs all the way around. They're technically a 1.2/3 inch drop, but visually I'd like my front another 1/2 an inch lower, BUT realisiticly that would be a little hard to live with on the street. As it is I have to really baby it over speed bumps or my mudflaps smack into them. Ditching the mudflaps would help but the mk2 seems to bottom out pretty easy, its easy to knock the exhaust as well. The rear looks perfect with the 1.2 inch drop. The STs aren't particularly super stiff though, nice and comfy in town but still much stiffer then stock.

-Seamus

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
BlueSupraDevil said:
I would like to have my front lower than the back. What amounts should I use 1 inch 2 inch, performance wise what works best? Also how do I achieve this?
Use stock Toyota springs in the back and either ST's, Eibachs, or K-mac lowering springs in the front. With a good set of shocks and struts, you should get good handling and the look you want.

·
Registered
430 Posts
ST's are the way to go for that...the front is definatly lower then the back with these...probably a half inch or so. looks real nice.

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
I haven't tried anything other then stock but "visually" even with the STs the front still doesn't look low enough. This is due to the flares though, the fronts reach higher up on the car then on the rear. Much more then the 1.3 inch drop in the front is tuff to live with in a street mk2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts