Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been thinking about lowering my car and i am not sure if u can...out of all the pictures i have seen of the MKII, none have been lowered...so i am wondering, can it be done or is it that no one on this site likes to do it..?? thanks for any help...

JR

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
<------- *sings the Search Song* :whistle:

there are two springs that I can think of ST and Ebiatch (sp :wink: :lol_hitt: )

SUSPENSION TECH. (ST) are suppose to lower it 1.3"
and the EIBACH lowers it 1" (which doenst look lowered when put on)
there are a couple more but dont remember there names.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Many of our cars are lowered, but using aftermarket springs you will only get a 1.5" max drop with suspension techniques, around 1" for Eibachs.

So you will notice a dramatic drop from a picture, but that 1" sure makes a difference when you see your car every day. That 1" drop made me think that the stock height is that of a SUV.

Mitch

·
Registered
348 Posts
Norbie,

How much camber change did you get, and do the tires rub anywhere?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Plenty of camber change - too much in fact. :( I'm in the process of investigating adjustable rear camber, and I'll report the results here once it's sorted. Yes it is possible with some screwing around, it's just a question of how much! :)

I have noticed one of the rear tyres rubs on something occasionally, but it doesn't happen often - mostly when I hit a bump mid-corner causing the suspension to compress a lot.

·
Premium Member
6,150 Posts
One of the reasons I like the looks of the Mk2 is the stock Wheel/Ride Height/Rake relationships-I like the stock wheels and ride height-(Putting flame suit on :roll:) I really havent seen a set of aftermarket wheels I like better than Polished OEs-Or a lowered Supra that looked right to me-If I drove one and it was much better handling I might change my mind-Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts