Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I did this when I put the 550s in - how big of a no no is this I hate to take the whole left side of the motor apart if this isn't fatal ie cause a fuel leak. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
OK I did this when I put the 550s in - how big of a no no is this I hate to take the whole left side of the motor apart if this isn't fatal ie cause a fuel leak. Can anyone help?
You'll have to cross your fingers I guess? I use good old Vasoline...never failed me yet.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
You'll have to cross your fingers I guess? I use good old Vasoline...never failed me yet.
I used Vaseline after Mark (above) suggested it. Previously I had tried about 4 times and failed each time to get a proper deep seating of the injectors into the fuel rail. And each time it leaked.

Finally I did what Mark suggested and put a thin film of Vaseline on the injector o-ring where it seats into the fuel rail as well as on the Injector Tip where it seats into the grommet in the head. FINALLY NO LEAKS...

Seeing as the O-Rings are exposed to fuel, a petroleum distillate I would think that oil would be okay on them, esp since the fuel would rinse at least the fuel rail side of the o-rings off.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought also I use oil on all my other ol rings my concern is the TSRM says to use gasoline or moly lube.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
I think you'll be ok Art...so long as the O-rings didn't get damaged when you installed them into the rail. Vasoline works great...I've used Lithium grease as well without problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts