Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Enkei mesh wheels to put on but I need to get some lugnuts.
I know I need a different style then stock. I think at least a couple forum members have these wheels, so what lugnuts do you have? I would appreciate any help. Also, does anyone have experience with Splinedrive lugnuts? Does the color wear off? I thought the black ones would look sweet.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
white_mk_2 said:
I have some Enkei mesh wheels to put on but I need to get some lugnuts.
I know I need a different style then stock. I think at least a couple forum members have these wheels, so what lugnuts do you have? I would appreciate any help. Also, does anyone have experience with Splinedrive lugnuts? Does the color wear off? I thought the black ones would look sweet.

Thanks,
Hi Joseph,

I have Enkei 92 wheels also, in a 15x8 size - mine are currently at the powder coaters & hopefully I'll see them again someday soon. The lugnuts you need are tapered on the side facing the wheel. You should be able to go to most any tire/wheel shop and tell them what type of wheel you have and get something that works.

I've never used Splinedrive lugnuts, in fact I'm not sure what they look like. I'm assuming they're anodized since you mentioned something about the color wearing off. Black lug nuts could look cool - what color are your wheels?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here you go:

My wheels are gold right now but the paint is a bit dull and faded. I was thinking of painting them black.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Wow! Those lugnuts are cool as hell. Gives a measure of added security too. I thought about going with black paint, but then I thought about longevity and durability. I have a few things on my car powdercoated, and if the job this shop is doing turns out as good as the finish on the LJM strut bar...I will be very pleased.

Here's what the wheels looked like the night I pulled them off the car. Hopefully they'll be back Monday.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SupraRacer007 said:
Here's what the wheels looked like the night I pulled them off the car. Hopefully they'll be back Monday.
Wow, your wheels look great. Very shiny lips :) I ordered the black splinedrive lugnuts from summitracing. They weren't cheap though, about $80 to my door for the lugs, matching locks, chrome valve stems. I got my tires today: Yokohama AVS ES100 225/50R16. Hopefully I'll get the lugnuts tomorrow. I gotta clean up the wheels a bit so I can mount the tires tomorrow at work. I can't wait to put 'em on!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I wish my wheels were 16" instead of 15" but...that's the way it goes. Got them on the car tonight...look really nice. I don't have any pictures yet (because it was dark etc when I finished) but I do have these from last night after polishing them...

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
:yumyum: The came out very nice :bling:

I cant wait to see them in person so I can Jack them from you,

no......wait there 15" yuck :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the wheels/tires on! Wow they totally change the look of the car.
They seem to be easier to spin now :) I'll get some pics up ASAP.

SupraRacer007 said:
I wish my wheels were 16" instead of 15" but...that's the way it goes.
Yeah but they're 8" wide so at least you can run 245s. How did you polish yours? Especially the inside edge where it meets the face?

Oh yeah since this was a lugnut topic... they're really cool.

My buddy has those Kumhos and for the price they're great, awesome bang for the buck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts