Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,257 Posts
Are you planning on running the stock CPS with the infinity? Pretty sure its not supported by AEM on the Infinity yet. The Infinity is also very particular about the cam and crank sensors. I had to replace all off mine with new one and tweak the setting to get it to work properly.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Are you planning on running the stock CPS with the infinity? Pretty sure its not supported by AEM on the Infinity yet. The Infinity is also very particular about the cam and crank sensors. I had to replace all off mine with new one and tweak the setting to get it to work properly.
I haven't dug that deep and my friend who is my aem guru knows more about that specifically. If it doesn't work, which I have "heard" the same, I will retro a 2jz crank trigger wheel mostly likely. I have a couple laying around. I will post updates for sure once I get that all going. Trying to finish other projects to make garage space right now!

·
Super Moderator
8,257 Posts
Your best bet is to use an ATI pulley with one of the standard pickups they sell. That way you can avoid the stock vr sensors. You still have to figure out something for the cam still. There is basically zero adjustment for the crank and cam sensors in the infinity. I wish I had the one you have. I have the 8 with the two connectors. Most of it isn't being used.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Your best bet is to use an ATI pulley with one of the standard pickups they sell. That way you can avoid the stock vr sensors. You still have to figure out something for the cam still. There is basically zero adjustment for the crank and cam sensors in the infinity. I wish I had the one you have. I have the 8 with the two connectors. Most of it isn't being used.
I am still on the line whether to get the ATI or not. Shes a spendy set for sure! In the meantime I'm converting my car to drive by wire, putting 1000cc injectors in, and doing a wire tuck for the engine harness. Lol I wish I didn't get bored so much!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
YAY update time!

I did a new coil pack setup with S2000 coil packs. They turned out pretty rad and have a nice little 8 pin Deutsch connector to make removal easy! A little dirty at the moment but will be much better here soon! Cool part is that they have internal igniters and you dont have to have the ugly ass oem igniter! Way more clean of a setup :)

Also redid my whole engine harness. Installed 1000CC ID injectors, AEM IAT, AEM MAP, AEM boost solenoid, Fuel pressure sensor, and oil pressure sensor.

Everything all hooked up it looks pretty nice :)

Pretty happy with how it turned out!

Only thing thats left and in transit is my fuel pump fittings, boost solenoid, and new throttle body plug! Couple more last minute reveals coming soon :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Well super close but just missing a couple crucial parts. 7m/1jz/2jz's had narrow band knock sensors that had 12x1.25 threads and I am putting bosch knock sensors on her. Well I guess a certain year 2jz's converted to wideband knocks and they made this fancy little conversion stud from 12mm to 8mm and the Toyota part number is 90126-08046. I ordered some for this mk4 im working on and the other two for my supra will be here later this week. Those fine details.....

Once I get those in and find pedal wiring for an 05 civic accelerator pedal I should be good to post videos of her running!

Till next time my people :)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well little update! The diagram for my 350z throttle body I received from aem I couldn't read very well and I mixed up pin 51 and 61. Went to Nissan to get schematics and figured that out. Now let the progress begin! Hoping to have a running video here soon with the 350z DBW TB and the 09 Civic accelerator pedal.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well got the supra running great on the Infinity! Then of course another small hiccup... Throttle body gasket leaking, when it was welded it warped just a hair so ripped the FFIM off and now having that planed and we should be back to boost soon! The actual amount of driving this summer might be limited due to I might be going to Thailand for a little bit to work on a circuit racing team! Super excited and hope to share more info here soon!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I also got some new goodies! I really needed a new rack so I snagged one and a Sparco Sprint racing bucket. Not putting the bucket in until I get a cage, I just don't like harness bars and rather just have a proper cage and mount. Oem is fine for now but Sparco was running a deal I couldn't pass up!

I also bought new wheels which I am very excited about! 16x8's with 225/45/16 RE71's on the front and 245/45/16 RE11's on the rear. Should be enough for anything I want to do.

And here is a rainbow shot... lol?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Very nice update! Looks great! I wish re71r's came in more sizes. I spoke with a rep at a national autox event and hopefully demand goes up and they will invest in the tooling.

·
Registered
3,358 Posts
What wheels are those? We need some better side pics, gold meshies will never go out of style. Curious to see how you end up digging those 245 re11's, i've been eyeballing those hard.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
What wheels are those? We need some better side pics, gold meshies will never go out of style. Curious to see how you end up digging those 245 re11's, i've been eyeballing those hard.

Sorry I have been busy with work and other builds lately! Tires I bought from Tire rack here!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Bridgestone&tireModel=Potenza+RE-11&partnum=445WR6RE11V2
I will get some more side photos Monday and Tuesday, first day off in a few weeks. They are JNC 004 16*8's. Kinda cheap wheels but I really like the looks and 8" wide should be perfect!

81 - 100 of 114 Posts