Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before i get blasted for this i just want to explain. so how are these guys at body work? That is all i want them to do. They gave me a real good deal on some body work of course they tried to talk me in to painting the car but i told them a "friend" was going to do it. i do not have the time to finish the body stuff and other local places were crazy high just for body work. anyone on the list ever have them do any work. good, bad, and maybe even ugly? just want to know if i should trust them to do a good job.

jeremy

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Maaco sucks thats all I've got to say. The reason they are so cheap is that they cut corners. I've fixed many of the Maaco, Schwabs, Miracle jobs etc when I did autobody.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
they do cut corners thats for sure. They may be able to fix a dent, but they will do it whichever way is quickest, which they usually seem to think is fill it all with bondo.

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
I don't know that I'd trust Maaco to do rust repair or any severe damage repair but they might be OK on minor dents and dings since those take the least skill and their hourly rate may be lower. Thing to consider is that a painter may not warranty his paint applied over another shop's bodywork.

Phil D.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts