Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in the 2JZ area...but seeing as this isn;t about the actual Swap of a 2J into a Mk II...I figured here would be better...

Anyway, does anyone know the actual size of the stock Mk IV MAF sensor?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If ya wouldn't mind pulling it apart, that would help out greatly. I may have sourced about a 6 or so Mk IV MAF's for the upcoming buy, but before I buy them, I wanna know the exact size.

The actual Measurement I am interested in is the narrowest point of the interior... that more than anything else will determin the airflow...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chad...

I may have located 7 of them for between $50 and 60 shipped... but before I commit to them, I wanna find out their size...

Quick? :D

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Heh... you posted as I was posting.. :oops:

Hmm... 2.5" inlet..and a 3" outlet...

Little smaller than I would have liked. Tho, then again, I am running 2.5" I/C piping... so is a 3x3" MAF really going to do that much for me?

I think I will reserve judgement on these till I speak to Marc tommorrow. Reguardless of what I decide, if anyone wants one, once I confirm price with the guy, I will put you in touch with him.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL.. no Man, I meant a 3" inlet as opposed to a 2.5" inlet on the MAF... I KNOW theres great gains to be had by dumping that crappy ass afm. Why else would the mk III and IV have them instead of the AFM?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly my point. 500 Hp is a nice number. So, provided Marc doesn't think it will be too small (which I don't think he will as he said by name that a mk IV MAF would be suitable for the application before), I will be able to hook 7 others up. First come first serve peoples... :)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eric

Umm, I haven't specifically asked about a MAP sensor. I am sure they could make one on request, but as for a specific kit... no, nothing right now.

Really though, this setup is almost as good for a turbo, in so far as the amount of boost most of us will be running anyway. With a set of 295's, I'll have enough fuel to boost 15 PSI and still be able to idle normally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.