Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my celica supra alot. I havent posted pics here yet but Ive been prepping it for paint and getting it ready for when my liscence is in the bag and the car gets registered. I have a problem. I cant find the side door molding trims and such for the car. Toyota dealers dont have them, Assholes keeps trying to screw me over and im losing motivation. The other day some guy offered to buy the car if it was for sale. Didnt give a price. I dont know if i should now or not. I love my car but these moldings are realy holding me back. I cant find a parts car anywhere! Can anybody help me out. To be honest im not rich either. Im a 17 year old high school student lol. Basicly I need help finding these moldings! They are the main thing keeping me from finishing my car. I mean Ive seen where these can be custom made but shit its expensive... :eek4dance:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Get in contact with Mark @ Vancouver Toyota. He has the door side molding available. Your local toyota dealer doesn't know crap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They realy dont =/. Is he on here on the forum? Im new to this forum to so any help would be well apreciated man.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yes, he is a sponsor. He has a sub forum labeled Mccords vancouver toyota. Also his username is ra24man.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
what part of ri are you in?

the mouldings from the doors back are still available from toyota. ant the quarter mouldings can be modified to fit a p-type car fender. but not cheap. nearly $500 for a full set. if you're on a terrible budget, i've seen guys get a cut to fit moulding from a body and paint supply shop.

the problem with the old ones is that they had metal in them and they would rot. toyota replaced them with peel n stick versions. the roll of cut to fit will be a stick on as well. they don't have the same profile, but they'll do on a budget.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe dude not to sound liek some Net creeper but maybe we could meet up sometime and you can give me a few pointers

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Maybe dude not to sound liek some Net creeper but maybe we could meet up sometime and you can give me a few pointers
no prob pal, i try to help whenever i can. it'll be like obi-wan and anakin....till you lose it and try to kill me:laugh:

i'm not big on mechanical stuff...but i've been driving these things on and off for over 20 years, and they've left me walking home more than once.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ya dude but your experience can help out a newbie like me. Im still learning. I leanred Manuel on this thing. Originally I wanted an EG civic hatchback (I know most of you guys on here probably hate them) But they are great cars and I love them. But when I found this car I thought it was special too So for 1,000 I had to pick it up I mean cmon! lol

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I hear ya dude but your experience can help out a newbie like me. Im still learning. I leanred Manuel on this thing. Originally I wanted an EG civic hatchback (I know most of you guys on here probably hate them) But they are great cars and I love them. But when I found this car I thought it was special too So for 1,000 I had to pick it up I mean cmon! lol
eh, save yourself the hassle...i'll give you a grand for it:laugh:

are you having it re-painted super deep red (sdr)? there's a member who makes the "supra" billboard decals for the hatch. he's currently out of black, but hopefully he'll get a new batch soon.

you're messing with an old car...so have patience. you're gonna need it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts