Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anyplace i can download wiring diagrams and or service manuals for a mk1? or do i have to suck it up and go purchase them?

·
Registered
166 Posts
a repair manual at autozone is only 24.99 and they usually stock it check online to see if a local store stocks one just make sure you get a haynes not a chilton i know that one or the other bought one out and they are the same now but i really like my manual

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, chiltons suck ass. everytime i opened my chiltons manual for my merkur, it always ended with me throwing it accross the garage.

i know i can get the haynes manual for the '79-'92 supras.

what would really love to get ahold of is the old haynes manual that only covered the '79-'81 supras. i haven't seen one of those in years.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have PDF for the wiring diagrams and have both the TSRM from Toyota and the old Haynes manuals if there is any thing you need i can scan and email to you.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The Toyota Manuals through 1982 were a bunch of manuals, so not one manual. I agree, Chilton is awful for Toyota (OK for my Chevy Blazer, bad for Toyota). The Haynes is the best overall for the 78-82 Supra. (Avoid the general Supra one 78-92)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks omarty, pm sent.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Electrical is on 8 PDF documents. You can print them out and cut and tape them together to look like the original.

There are 6 TSRM for the MKI
Electrical
Engine
5M engine
Repair manual
4me emission
5me emission
collision

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am currently in a wiring investigation myself on a 1980. Any diagrams would be awesome!
what wonderful problem are you trying to chase down? I'm trying to chase down a no start and my windows don't go up and down when i hit the switch :eekfacepalm: ( they do when u get on the gas though!!!) and I'm now neck deep in a new motor:zzzzz:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Just finished up with a 5mge transplant. No start! For some reason the 4ME didn't start when I brought it up to the shop for the transplant either. So after swapping all the parts I could we now believe it's in the wiring. Gonna pull the engine harness off this week and cut it open for a good look. Diagram would really help in the tracing of the problem.

Good luck with your problems! I didn't sleep good a couple nights over mine. LOL

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
WARNING, thread necro.
i'd love to get those pdf's of the wiring diagrams, sadly the wiring diagrams in the 79-81 Haynes manual sucks.
anyone able to help out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Are you still here omarty? I've been looking for wiring diagrams for a MkI, but not found anything yet. Do you still have those?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I found them. There is 10 of them. In the TSRM they are a fold out so you will have to tape them together to make sense. wish there was a way to post them all here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I found them. There is 10 of them. In the TSRM they are a fold out so you will have to tape them together to make sense. wish there was a way to post them all here.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts