Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been able to contact Mr. Sherman in the last month? We were talking in mid November about some stuff I need, but its been dead-air since....

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was in touch with Mark a few months ago and he was replying quite regularly through both emails.
I was looking for some rare OEM parts, and through some luck he was able to deliver,,
His emails became a little more sporadic through our communication,,, but eventually he replies,,, family life has him quite busy,,

One thing though, he did tell me that some of my emails got redirected to his spam, and he missed them,,,

Try emailing him again and see if he catches them,, if not, call the dealer,,
That was my next step, until he caught on of my emails before it went to spam,,,

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
When I know that I am NOT on their normal email list,

I'll Title my mail like"HEY MARK,it's Dave in Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Those are hard to miss.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does anyone have have a updated list on part availability?
I'm need a battery tie down bar thingy and wiskers.. and a fully engine gasket kit lol
If anyone calling him in the next while mind asking about these things for me, just price and availability. dont know when I'll get time to call him myself.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm going to be needing a battery hold down bracket as well so if anyone finds out please lmk. I don't think these cars came with one from the factory or something, because every supra I seen or bought, never came with one.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Weird that all Supras I've owned or seen didn't have one. Guess owners lost or misplaced them..

·
Registered
351 Posts
true they did all come with one! mines just so rusted there's very little left of it.
I Emailed Mark again let you guys know if he replies this time. I've never got a peep out of him before to my fingers are crossed I will this time.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Guys and gals...I'm alive and well! Really...I'm just drop dead busy these days. Please remember that I'm the parts department manager, so I'm only pulled in about 10 or 12 different directions throughout my work day. We're also in the middle of a large growth process at our store that hopefully will allow me to add some staff to my department (have to justify it in dollars to the big boss if you catch my drift?). Added to my daily workload are my volunteer duties with the regional marketing board for the Portland region (WA, OR, ID, MT, AK), and various other projects that I work on with the Toyota Regional office, so I can have a few things that fall through the cracks from time to time. I have had some issues the last few months with Google redirecting some of my emails to my spam folder, which I'll admit, I do not check with regularity (never really have). I've been a G-mailer for well over a decade, and this is the first time I've had an issue with it. I THINK I finally tracked it back to my mobile device somehow pushing these messages to the spam folder or me inadvertently archiving the messages with an errant swipe . I had a few of you that I found your messages in my spam folder weeks after the fact. I've been very straightforward with everyone in regards to that issue, once they got through to me. So here's what I can do to hopefully nip this one in the bud in the future.

Mark Sherman contact info:

Email: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] (personal account, not consistently viewed)
Phone: 360-883-6062 (direct to parts), 360-253-4440 or (front desk/phone tree) Please do not leave me voice mails. I'm constantly on the move throughout the day and the desk phone has month's worth of dust on it.
Website: http://www.vancouvertoyota.com/parts/index.htm (An online Toyota parts catalog with shopping cart has made a recent return to our website, the link is on that page. It's supposed to filter discontinued parts as well, but I doubt their claims on that matter.) Discount code is 'csmember' for a 25% discount. Regardless, if you don't hear back from me on an inquiry within a few days, please try another contact method.

If for some reason you can't get a hold of me, feel free to talk with any of my guys here at the store. Make sure to identify your CS.com membership for the discount (they are all very knowledgeable in Toyotas).

On a personal level, there have been a few changes my internet habits the last couple of years, including spending a lot less time on forums and social media. I guess I'm turning into the grumpy old guy that tires of the 'noise' on the internet (at the ripe ol' age of 40 lol). My family life was brought up, and surely it has had a large impact on my daily routine the last few years. I share 3 daughters with an ex-wife who is basically MIA these days, homeless, distraught with bouts of chronic depression and an addiction to prescription narcotics. Needless to say, I've become a single parent to my children, who happen to be turning into adults right before my eyes. This time next year I'll have two of my daughters in four year colleges here in-state, while the third will be a junior in high school. Since my 'morning of stupidity' (the morning I tried to wrap my Supra around a tree) I had a monumental shift in my 'pleasure car' desires. I decided to do a wholesale fire sale of all things Supra (well...not quite everything ;-) ) and focused on my kids. At that crossroads, it was an easy decision to make. Cars come and go, kids are there for life. Sacrifice for kids, etc...all the stuff more and more parents can't seem to find within themselves these days.

Looking back, I guess I didn't realize how much the community would miss me, but that has become abundantly clear to me the last couple of years. I have a ton of wonderful memories with the Supra community, and really do enjoy talking with all of the interesting characters across the world. I still sell a lot of Supra parts to the local MkII, MkIII, and MkIV communities, and service to quite a few local performance shops that specialize in Supras. I will continue to do so, for as long as you guys can stomach me, while striving to provide each and every one of you with the highest level of professional service, a wide base of Toyota knowledge, and a healthy discount of what Toyota still has available.

Thanks to all of you for your patronage over the years...I hope you still think of me when you need parts... lord knows I've got college educations to help pay for in the next few years so a few extra parts sales won't hurt!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Good to here from you mark! Thanks for the update in contact info, all I could find was an Email address.
Sorry to hear about the family trouble man, glad you and your kids are striving on!
I'm sure lots would agree that you'll always have family in the supra community.

·
Premium Member
5,540 Posts
Oh...and GO HAWKS!!!
No No No
The Pack should be there.
Kidding - good to hear you're doing good and hopefully in a few years when the kids are out of the nest you can get back into Supras a little more.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Anyone been able to contact Mr. Sherman in the last month? We were talking in mid November about some stuff I need, but its been dead-air since....
A few weeks ago I ordered some Lexor wiper inserts for my wife's 83 from a seller on Amazon, and when they got to me I noticed they came from a Mark Sherman in Florida. I started to wonder if he had relocated to Florida and was selling automotive parts on Amazon lol.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
A few weeks ago I ordered some Lexor wiper inserts for my wife's 83 from a seller on Amazon, and when they got to me I noticed they came from a Mark Sherman in Florida. I started to wonder if he had relocated to Florida and was selling automotive parts on Amazon lol.
Greg...sing it...I know you want to...

little kid voice...(I wanna be, I wanna be like Maaaark!)

Damn good to know I have a doppelganger out there on Amazon...thanks for the heads up!

A cornerstone of the MKII community, the "go to guy" for ol' RED parts. Good to see you still kickin' ...keep on keepin' on :mm_emthup:cool:
Those damn RED parts...it's a crying shame and a sickness that continues to spread. Latest victim...battery hold down brackets and radiator hoses... *sigh*

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
Damnnnn i was just about to email you about radiator hoses too. Are the suicide hoses still around? I'll shoot you an email and hope for the best...
5/8" heater hose? Use Gates green stripe hoses or silicone ones,Gamble.
I forgot what engine you are running.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts