Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Stock 5mge, with a turbo in the near(ish?) future. Just got a direct replacement aluminum radiator from Raptor so i figure i'll toss new hoses while i'm draining the system. The rad hoses aren't bad, but you know while i'm in there...The coolant/heater hoses all honestly look decent, i'd just rather do it now while i've got the system open for peace of mind. The suicide hose doesn't look bad either, but if a hose is gonna break on me on a long trip that isn't the one i want. I figure the oem ones had a good run, why not use em again. The suicide hose is cheap enough for me to justify oem if i can still get one, imo.

·
Premium Member
5,492 Posts
I'll have to agree with you on your choice,Gamble.The OEM hoses really are excellent quality and they fit perfectly.I have replaced that damn hose 3 times.See how small the water pump pulley is?That suicide hose gets full pressure/volume right from the pump.
Tip: remove the 2 14mm bolts from the engine mount and jack up the engine about 4 " to make it way easier.I removed the dizzy cap,too.
Yes, that aluminum radiator is BEE_YOU_TEE_FULL! I had mine on the shop wall for 3 months,just admiring how purdy it was.

Another tip:Tape a section of cardboard to both sides of the radiator to prevent fin damage(s) during the install.If you split the shroud at the lower hose area,you can pull the shroud first.

I'll bet that Mark has MKII stuff in stock that is VERY desireable and is wondering why he still has some.
If he posts them,they will be gone in a heartbeat. No more battery hold downs. Sad.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts