Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, and I could really use some help. I need a mass airflow meter that will fit a 22-RE. I have an ‘84 Celica, and the part number is 22250-35010. I’d be interested in a Supra meter as well, and I believe that part number is 22250-43110. Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, this is my first post on this forum, and I could really use some help. I need a mass airflow meter that will fit a 22-RE. I have an ‘84 Celica, and the part number is 22250-35010. I’d be interested in a Supra meter as well, and I believe that part number is 22250-43110. Thank you!
I got an 85 parts supra laying around. Its got one with the part number 22250-43150. Idk if that would be interchangeable but if it is I got you. Its off a 5mge.

·
Super Moderator
10,616 Posts
Its only the 82 Supra AFM that works on 22res.

We don't call these ones MAFs, it creates false expectations. Mass? Nah, more like, they may allow Air to Flow, while it's Metered...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its only the 82 Supra AFM that works on 22res.

We don't call these ones MAFs, it creates false expectations. Mass? Nah, more like, they may allow Air to Flow, while it's Metered...
The ‘82 Supra mass airflow meter part # is what I left in the initial post - 22250-43110. I didn’t respond to the guy with an ‘85 parts Supra, because I know it doesn’t work for my car.

The part is called an airflow meter. Some will call it a vane airflow meter. Others might even call it a MAF, because it is the predecessor of the MAF. I never called it a MAF... I called it a mass airflow METER initially, just so that everyone has an idea of the part I need.

So my question to you now is, how does anything you said help me? My mom told me as a kid that if I didn’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
So my question to you now is, how does anything you said help me? My mom told me as a kid that if I didn’t have anything nice to say, don’t say it at all.
For what its worth, the 82-only afm / maf info is important. Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
8 Posts
For what its worth, working in parts stores people call stuff all kinds of different things that are one word off. The 82' vs 85' info on the name differences was useful info for me, as I did not previously know that. All I knew was I had a part one number off, so thanks for providing educational info guys. A lot of times people just don't know.

·
Super Moderator
10,616 Posts
Its the later style AFMs, like in the mk3 and mk4 that are often called MAFs, since they don't have restrictions in them like the flapper style we have. The 83 to 86 AFM looks identical to the 82 AFM, but they are wired differently. All of the 22res use the same circuit as our 82 AFMs. Which is something most 22re people coming here looking for AFMs don't realize, and only something mk2 owners would know if they've sold AFMs to 22re owners before (as i have several times). The M in AFM stands for Meter, the M in MAF stands for Mass, hence why you are confusing people. Minor point though, the 82 only info was the key part (which you did not specify).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts