Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonderful things you find when you park the truck after winter... Apparantly my Master cylinder wants to make a nice pool of brake fluid in the engine bay. It's leaking right out of the bottom it seems, and I was wondering if anyone had any helpful information about replacing it? Any thoughts or hints, helpful insights etc. would be greatly appreciated as I "waste" my weekend yet again :)

·
Registered
793 Posts
Although I haven't done the Supra's master cylinder yet, I just got through doing my toyota truck which is the same unit. A word to the wise, don't buy the Cardone brand unit. These units are just not built properly, and after screwing around for 4 days and several units, none of them allowed the brakeline fitting to screw into the housing completely.
I finally went with a Raybestos unit, but paid quite a bit more than the $30 unit Kragen was offering.
As for the install, it's pretty straight forward. 4 bolts hold the unit to the booster, and 2 brake lines connect it to the brakes. You'll have to bleed the brakes when you're done, and I'd suggest using some good dot4 fluid.
On average, it'll probably take you about 3 hours total without rushing. If you were in cali, I'd let ya borrow my Motive auto bleeder and cut your time down to about 2 hours!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Used to be in cali...unfortunately got relocated to battle creek MI at the ripe age of 3 months :) And to think of all the supras NOT in michigan...lol

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am told by Damon Saul that you can use the Master Cylinder off of a Mk 3 too. I haven't done this yet, but I will be when he and I are doing my motor swap (where he can direct me and help me with any fitment issues as he says he has done this before .....)

If anyone wants, I'll take photo's and detail the swap coming up... tho in honesty, I planned on detailing the WHOLE swap with about 10 rolls of film anyway ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts