Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm looking at probably doing a swap of the 5M-GE into an AE86 GT-S Coupe, and I'll be doing a stock CT26 setup. I've been thinking about which engine to get, a pre-83 or an 84+. Either way I'm looking to run about 9psi boost, not any higher, so I'm thinking the 84+ would be better for me, because the 9.2:1 combined with the 9psi will give me an overall higher effective compression, while still being safe at 9psi.

Just looking for other opinions on whether 9psi is safe on the 9.2:1 engine. I'd assume so.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On a related note, does anyone have and idea how much power can the stock AE86 GT-S LSD diff take?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yes, that makes sense, though I have heard a lot of people extremely happy with the basic CT26 on 84+ 5M-GE engines, and they are making about the power I'd like.

I'm not looking for huge numbers at all, and I'd like to have as much non-turbo assisted horsepower as possible, as it makes it very fun. I'll definitely think on it for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.