Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1982 Supra. Run good when i first got it but I left the key on one day for abot 15 minutes while I was washing it. Got in to crank it and she wouldn't do anything. I noticed that gas was running out the air filter intake. Played around with it for a bit and found the motor wouldn't turn over at all but would go backwards. Gas was running out the muffler. If I leave the key on for 3 or 4 seconds the motor fills with gas. Have changed the Fuel Pressure Regulator with no luck. Anyone got any ideas. Please I Need Help.

·
Registered
402 Posts
if its leaking out of the intake I'd guess a cold start injector stuck open... but i thought the mk2 fuel pump doesnt come on until the afm is opened or jumped? weird situation...

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
could be fpr - I had one go bad a few years back and the the whole engine filled with fuel.

edit:
Oops - reread and I see you already changed FPR - oh well sorry

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Cold Start Injector Malfunction.

Most likely defective CSI (Cold Start Injector), however also check the EFI Temp switch and trouble shoot the CSI circuit to see if the relay is stuck open.

Don't try to start/run the vehicle to drive it, only for diagnostics testing purposes. Sounds like your car is about to catch fire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts