Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found a black 84 p-type in good shape with gray leather in good shape and its in my budget. if all goes well i may be purchasing it this weekend. then on to swaping everything out. im so excited right now i wish i could take today off and go get it right now. have to wait till sat though. :-D and its only got 244k miles.
william

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
thats cool, what is it that your swapping out?

williamb82 said:
and its only got 244k miles.
william
:wtf: :ugh:

·
Registered
85 Posts
"Only" 244k miles?? Geez William, you will be a rival to Chris E's 1.4M miles with that one. Of course with your 7M and goodies in it Chris E will be looking at your taillights all the time too.

Jamie

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everything except the interior, the gray leather is nice so ill wiat till i get another sdr before swapping in the black leather. im gonna put in my 7mgte, r154, truetrac with 3.727 r&p, coilovers and tokico illuminas up front, st's and agx shocks in the rear, addco's, ljm front bar, custom rear bar, my entire stereo system from the red car that got wrecked, 16x7 enkei 92's, put my mint 85 hatch on it, my gauges, evc3, and lots of odds and ends. gonna take a little time. espeacially since i need an i/c, but my friend said i can have the stocker off one of his mkiii's so shouldnt be a hold up. i cant wait to be boosting again.

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the car has never been wrecked supposedly. im gonna call the guy for the vin number and see if i can find someone to run a carfax for me to be sure. it looks really nice, and last think im worried about is mileage. i want to put all pst bushings in anyway.
william

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
btw, most of my mkii's have had over 200k. the blue one has ~150k if i remember right. my red one had 204k when i got it. brown one had 186k when i got it, over 200k when it was totalled. the blue 83, i forget, paul p has it now, the blue 85 parts car had ~210k. besides, the motor im putting in has ~100 miles on it so im gonna be ok. hehehehe.
william

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i got the car fax report and all is good. i made the guy an offer of what i have to spend so hopefully he will take it and ill be making a ~4 hour trek each way for the car. man, im so excited. im like a little kid on christmas. lol.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
williamb82 said:
well, i got the car fax report and all is good. i made he guy an offer of what i have to spend so hopefully he will take it and ill be making a ~4 hour trek each way for the car. man, im so excited. im like a little kid on christmas. lol.
:bigok: kind of sounds like how I got my blackpra :toilet:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
best of luck to you :)

sounds like a pretty good project, and one more thing:

PICS!!!! :D

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when/if i get it there will be lots of pics, and i will take better pics of the 7m going in and of some things i want to do a little different. it wont be done as fast as normal. i want to go ahead and install the r154, the suspension, the 3.727 with the truetrac, etc....
william

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
dogstar said:
best of luck to you :)

sounds like a pretty good project, and one more thing:

PICS!!!! :D
:bitchsla: thats what this is for ---> :ttiwwp:

:pat: dam noobs :lol:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
aww bite me ho-inator

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, i went and got the car today. it needs some work. first off, the moron siliconed the sunroof shut then taped off the roof and painted it with black enamel so it has to be sanded off. then, the idiot did the same thing to the hood, ,but with silver in a weird ass design to cover the faded spots. the hatch is shot (good thing i have a perfect one) and there is a little ding in the front right flare, looks like his son dropped his bike and the handlebar hit it. the interior is pretty decent except the front seats, they are had, he did have some nice seat covers on them though. the engine runs awesome, espeacially for 244kmi. it has some brand new ngk wires that will go on the blue car when the motor comes out and it handles sweet too. tommarow im gonna jack it up to look at the suspension and exhaust and will post what i find. i should have pics developed next week. time for the madness to commence. :twisted:
william

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
congrats....hope all the problems are just minor cosmetic stuff.... costs lots to fix, but doesnt hurt the car :)

·
Registered
861 Posts
Ya, good luck with getting the car! I've got another one comming to that I posted about kinda similar,.. but this one is wrecked. Got the word from the towing place that it was mine on this coming wednesday! :D Only 168k miles on her... :p Pics will be on the way soon,.. but it's not going to be a pretty picture with the front smashed like it is.. :cry: I'm gonna give a shot at fixing it,.. but if worse comes to worse,.. I'll just swap in the running gear into the Silver '86.. :wink: We shall see..... Good luck again on your find man! :dancin:

Scotty

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the ad the guy placed is still up, so untill i get pics developed here is what im working with.

click here to view

william

[url edited for length by admin]

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Wow dude...nice find. She looks like a great stepping off point!. Oddly enough..I'm kinda diggin the spoiler-less hatch... not enough to take the wing off mine mind you..but its definately cool.

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, the hatch is rusted worse then erics i think. guess we need to have a contest. close both hatches and see which one littered the ground with rust the most. lol. anyhow, i kind of like it too, but i like the 85 hatch better, and thats whats going on it.
william

·
Super Moderator
10,626 Posts
They look good wingless don't they bob? (Flame suit on) I've liked the look of the 82-84 mk2s with the wing removed for years. Looks like a sweet car Will, welcome to the black mk2 club! Now, get that hood repainted pronto! :throwup:

·
Registered
15,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the roof needs repainted as well. but first theres LOTS of sanding to do. the moron used enamel paint. :x
william

1 - 20 of 22 Posts