Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left side has too much negative camber and my caster is maxxed out. Right side is fine.
Will I need to buy longer mounting studs? Volvo ones,maybe.
Pulls to the right,all of the time.
I haven't tried swapping left and right front tires,yet.The tires may have camber,by now!

·
Registered
357 Posts
I would look at getting the T3 adjustable camber plates. Not sure if they work with the stock struts though. May only work with coilovers. They look cool too. Red or black. Then you can adjust to your heart is content. I have the MR2 strut upgrade in the front. I want to get these plates too. Anyone know if they work with stock or mr2 struts?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is why I want to buy only ONE=$$$!
Thank you,Sir.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You need to take the car to an alignment shop and have it checked out, sounds like something is bent. Camber plates come in sets of 2 because they change out the old rubber strut mount for a solid bearing so it changes the feel of the car. Don’t be cheap.

Reactions: ddd228

·
Premium Member
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,but I AM cheap. I can live with it. It's my daily type L. I'll swap the front tires. Cross camber is 1.2 *

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
Have you checked your ride height? Look up the alignment section in the FSRM, it will tell you how to do it properly and give you the range of numbers you're supposed to have. As our cars are mac strut and have no factory camber correction, we have to keep the springs in good shape and the at rest ride height stock if we want to maintain the stock alignment. Its entirely possible you have unsettled the car with added weight or that you have saggy springs, particularly in the rear as one back there can raise up one or both front corners and push your camber into the positive ranges. Sometimes even a blown shock is enough to alter the ride height enough to fall out of spec.

Crash damage is the other common option.

Forget about camber plates, that's a band aid solution since you're not interested in racing or lowering your car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts