Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and Foremost, I would like to thank the following for their efforts in my build:

DD Performance Research LLC - 6M-GTE Engine build and Hydra EMS Tuning and more...
Raptor Racing - Bought just about all the parts he sells
Rabid Chimp - Parts
Driftmotion - R154 Transmission Upgrade and Parts
Spracingonline.com - Turbo
Galson Auto & Body - Installing the Erebuni Body Kit and Complete Paint Job
All members I have acquired parts from
All the members who have worked hard to supply knowledge and insight to the community
Rick Kiss - Sold his project car with a plethora of NOS and spare parts. Hope you enjoy the build, Rick
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This build will be a little slow. Right now I am acquiring parts. This is my project as of now. I have a plethora of parts from when I bought the car. Three palates as a matter of fact. This car is from California and is in awesome shape. I just got under the car today for the first time and it looks really good underneath.

My first step of the project is to hammer out the tunnel for the R154 install. Pics coming soon.:salute:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Here are the R154 and the W58 side by side.

Here you can see where the R154 interferes with the tunnel.

This was my solution to pushing out the wall of the tunnel. It worked out great and no hammering. It took me two attempts. One for the original fitment to see where it would rub and one more test fit. I recommend using the bottle jack in more than one location in the same proximity. I used the W58 crossmember and a block of wood to support the 4 ton bottle jack. All in all, it took about 3 hours to complete. R154 will be going to Marlin Crawler for upgrade.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Believe it or not, This engine looked brand new when I got it, but is sat outside covered. All pics in this post are courtesy of DD Performance Research LLC. They will be masterminding the build.

Head and bowl work not completed yet here

Port work crazy

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thank you very much, Sir.

I had to put the procrastination to an end. I was all talk and no play for so long on something I have been wanting to do since my first MKII in 2001. This car is my 4th MKII. Hopefully I will get it on the road just after the new year. The Supra is at the paint shop getting the engine bay and wheel wells painted at this moment. Got a clean set of SSR SP1's(same setup as Malloy). Once I get the car back I will put the engine bay back together and the car will be off to the paint shop once again to get the Erebuni body kit installed and a complete paint job in Toyota Blue Ribbon Metallic 8T5.

Thank you to all who are enjoying this thread, Tim

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Do you know how to make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one! Ha! That blue looks terrific and I'm going to keep to myself exactly what looking at that engine does to me. Trust me. It's better for everyone that way.
You won't regret the $ for even a second once you hear it run. And after your first drive, you're going to need a screen to keep bugs out of your teeth. You'll enjoy this project beyond your wildest dreams. You're almost there. You can already feel it. You might have some doubts now but none of us do. Your doubts are a side effect of getting this deep into the formerly unknown and that's natural. Yes, it really is as good as you think. We wouldn't BS you. You're doing a terrific job Tim. Soon you're going to realize just how long you're going to enjoy every single aspect of what you've done. You're going to be smiling about it and not even consciously thinking about it. Unfortunately, people are going to start wondering...... Get used to it!
The good news is that there really isn't any bad news. That is unless you're doing this as an investment and even then, compared to the norm, you'll do OK.
As a reference, I bought my 85P 30 years ago this month. I'll keep red lining it and steering it with my right foot until not long before I die. Then somebody can try prying the keys out of my cold clenched hands. They won't be my real keys though. I'm keeping those forever... I'm going to need a fast ride with some serious A/C where I'm going!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can definitely say I am more than excited to see and hear the final product. I think watching the car on the Dyno will be the most enjoyable part of the completion. At 24lbs of boost and all the port work, it will be interesting to see the figures. As of right now I have not seen the car since it was hauled off to the paint shop. It's coming along, slowly. Thanks for your vote of confidence, Ray.

Tim

·
Premium Member
4,008 Posts
Do you know how to make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one! Ha! That blue looks terrific and I'm going to keep to myself exactly what looking at that engine does to me. Trust me. It's better for everyone that way.
You won't regret the $ for even a second once you hear it run. And after your first drive, you're going to need a screen to keep bugs out of your teeth. You'll enjoy this project beyond your wildest dreams. You're almost there. You can already feel it. You might have some doubts now but none of us do. Your doubts are a side effect of getting this deep into the formerly unknown and that's natural. Yes, it really is as good as you think. We wouldn't BS you. You're doing a terrific job Tim. Soon you're going to realize just how long you're going to enjoy every single aspect of what you've done. You're going to be smiling about it and not even consciously thinking about it. Unfortunately, people are going to start wondering...... Get used to it!
The good news is that there really isn't any bad news. That is unless you're doing this as an investment and even then, compared to the norm, you'll do OK.
As a reference, I bought my 85P 30 years ago this month. I'll keep red lining it and steering it with my right foot until not long before I die. Then somebody can try prying the keys out of my cold clenched hands. They won't be my real keys though. I'm keeping those forever... I'm going to need a fast ride with some serious A/C where I'm going!
Did you buy your P-Type new, or are you a later owner?

Jim

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Some more 6M-GTE Love. Lots of port work love. A lot more random pics of the assembly love. LOVE.

SORRY......Got carried away

Driftmotion HP Oil Pump upgrade. The oil hose from Driftmotion didn't fit, I suspect it was because the mid-sump oil pump for the 7M is different. DDPR made me a new one.

Not too much left to go

1 - 20 of 132 Posts