Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Very neat build!

I really like the subframe stuff. Probably going to have to do the same down the road.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I am using a MK3 flange and a Driftmotion driveshaft/diff adapter to 1350 U-Joint. This will be required for higher power. The shop installing it said the driveshaft would rub[I know there are others on here that have that setup, maybe they can chime in], so making the modifications was necessary. Since I plan on upgrading to a Ford 8.8 IRS Diff down the road, those modifications were necesarry for a larger driveshaft anyway. Im not really sure if the diff R&P will hold 600+RWHP, so if it ever gives out, I will get the Ford diff installed. Either diff will require a custom cut driveshaft. This particular build is using an R154 and requires the 1350 slip yoke as well, also sold at Drifmotion.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
The option to use a MK3 flange inside the diff instead of the MK2 flanged piece, and use a driveshaft with a spicer U-joint is what is usually observed, instead of using a spacer adapter.

You are on factory LSD? If so, that may explain why you had to go about doing it this way.

I will tell you right now, if you ever go into upgrading the rear end to a Ford unit I want one too! :)

·
Registered
15,005 Posts
The pinion flange on a 4 runner IFS 7.5in front diff fits the mk2 diff and has the same bolt pattern as the mk3 8in flange fyi.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
Ah, that must be what it is! Thanks.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Lots of great updates, and I love the custom covers. For us 5m/6m guys, I wonder if a FFIM would be possible? If you pull and plug the distributor hole, since you are not using it, you would have more room for the manifold...just a thought I have been playing with in my head.

I am also interested in seeing the throttle cable and brackets on the new galley cover. Best of luck getting it fired this year.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
The car should be mechanically finished within the coming month. Then it goes to the body shop. I am also curious as to what they come up with for the throttle cable as well. When I decide to start stage two of the build, I will be doing a FFIM, new turbo, manifold, downpipe and Intercooler setup. Will also get the Ford 8.8 conversion and matching axel shafts and will be upgrading to a twin disc clutch. Chassis re-enforcement will also be required. Should call it quits at 700+rwhp. All that is looking like 2017 or later.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
The car should be mechanically finished within the coming month. Then it goes to the body shop. I am also curious as to what they come up with for the throttle cable as well. When I decide to start stage two of the build, I will be doing a FFIM, new turbo, manifold, downpipe and Intercooler setup. Will also get the Ford 8.8 conversion and matching axel shafts and will be upgrading to a twin disc clutch. Chassis re-enforcement will also be required. Should call it quits at 700+rwhp. All that is looking like 2017 or later.
Excellent! I was planning on getting out my plasma cutter and playing around with an extra OEM intake manifold; however, if there is a group buy option, just let me know. I would love to have the galley plate/cover but don't need the distributor cover. When I contacted them on facebook, they were not interested in making only the galley plate/cover for some reason. I passed for now as this would have required me to redesign my ignition system to a COP, which would be awesome but not necessary right now.

Love the updates. Best of luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lots of great updates, and I love the custom covers. For us 5m/6m guys, I wonder if a FFIM would be possible? If you pull and plug the distributor hole, since you are not using it, you would have more room for the manifold...just a thought I have been playing with in my head.

I am also interested in seeing the throttle cable and brackets on the new galley cover. Best of luck getting it fired this year.
Yep - we could make a new upper plenum with a larger front facing throttle body fairly easily. The deal with the Valley covers is that it needs a 5 axis machine because of some complex angles on the bottom side. The shop that did it for us is a friend's facility - he mostly makes parts like large valves for the Navy - he did this as a favor to us. The cover was kind of a pain, and he said to be worth running the parts again he wanted to make 3 sets. I don't know why it has to be sets, but that was what he said. Considering he is doing stuff for us as kind of a favor, it s beggars can't be choosers deal. We can make more if y'all want it. Just has to be at least 3.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Heres the diff bolted up and a pic of the new driveshaft. Looks pretty clean.

Big brake kit installed on all four corners

Some pics of the intercooler. Had the Rabid Chimp Kit but it need some upgrade for the extra ponies so a new intercooler was required.

Custom 3" exhaust completed with Raptor Racing Muffler

·
Premium Member
5,511 Posts
Yeah, baby!
The underside is AWESOME!
Looks like you soda blasted the diff cover. REAL purdy.

My next engine block will be painted WHITE.
My undertray is white,this time.
I didn't get all of the A/C junk removed,yet.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
So nice and clean. What a keeper.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts