Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Super late reply, I fell of the face of the Earth. Forgive me. The car is still in the same spot as the last pic and hasn't moved, LOL. Im not really sure when I will get her finished. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Just waiting on some more spare funds to come my way. Theres not too much left on the electro/mechanical side. And, of corse there all the body an paint stuff too!

Cheers

·
Registered
888 Posts
Valve Job for 1mm Oversized Stainless Steel Valves. More Porting to come. Should be completed next week. Photos are courtesy of DD Performance Research LLC

Would you mind telling me more about the Ferrea valves that you put in the motor? Were they a standard part number or did you have to give Ferrea all the desired dimensions? Could you post the details?

I assume that they were "not inexpensive"!

I read on another thread from a very experienced poster that he could not use 1.2mm oversize valves with the stock seats. Did your builder have any issues or have to replace the stock valve seats?

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?11317-Oversize-Stainless-Valves-For-5M-6M&highlight=ferrea
Post #4

I don't doubt either way. Different valves could require a different solution. I'm just curious about your experiences.

Great thread

Dale

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Would you mind telling me more about the Ferrea valves that you put in the motor? Were they a standard part number or did you have to give Ferrea all the desired dimensions? Could you post the details?

I assume that they were "not inexpensive"!

I read on another thread from a very experienced poster that he could not use 1.2mm oversize valves with the stock seats. Did your builder have any issues or have to replace the stock valve seats?

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?11317-Oversize-Stainless-Valves-For-5M-6M&highlight=ferrea
Post #4

I don't doubt either way. Different valves could require a different solution. I'm just curious about your experiences.

Great thread

Dale
The Oversizes SS valves were ordered by my engine builder. They were custom dimensions upon the order. They had to send in the valve to Ferrea. I wouldn't be surprised if they already had those dimensions available from Ferrea as I'm sure I'm not the only on who has ever ordered those. I personally don't have those dimensions. As far as the valve seat question, Im not sure. If you are interested in more details, you can call Dave Staba at DDPR. His # is 979-627-7545 or email him @ [email protected]. Im sure he won't mind your call.

Im sorry I couldn't have been more helpful

Tim

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Bent Rocker Sills by, whomever jacked up your car lol

Always need to tell shops where to jack a car up by apparently.
Dang, never even noticed and I'm pretty anal about things like that. I think I'm gonna be sick now, lol. :censored:

101 - 120 of 132 Posts