Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many PPL have suggested elsewhere.
Perhaps Change Engine Swaps to> Real Mods(sounds dumb) and put it there.
I've got ideas for Stickies, hell I'll write some! You can hold me to that.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Malloy get it together and I'll steal Aarons hippy hair and mail it too you. Of course, I'll have to leave the portions that are in zank's mouth

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
maybe just an 'electronics' forum in the same place as the drivetrain, suspension, wheels etc. forums

·
Registered
41 Posts
Funkycheeze said:
maybe just an 'electronics' forum in the same place as the drivetrain, suspension, wheels etc. forums

yea, we have a "high tech tuning" forum as a general catch all for ems questions

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
can we make sub forums?

i know a couple of the old computer forums i used to go to have "graphics cards" then there are two subsections, one for agp and the other for pci-e.
works very well, doesnt really add any bulk to the main page, but adds a huge amount of depth.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
yeah, we really need diff threads for megasquirt on a 5m/6m and then for 7m, and then also prolly for jz and uz engines. then prolly another thread to discuss the upgrades for it like the new daughter card for the sequential injection that should be released soon.

·
Registered
391 Posts
williamb82 said:
yeah, we really need diff threads for megasquirt on a 5m/6m and then for 7m, and then also prolly for jz and uz engines. then prolly another thread to discuss the upgrades for it like the new daughter card for the sequential injection that should be released soon.
actually there is very little difference in principle between the 5m/6m, 7m, and jz motors. They all use a 12+1 VR signal. The 7m and jz motors require a few more VB921 to fire the coils but that is really the only difference and MSnS extra can do sequential ignition on a 6 cylinder motor. I dont know enought about the 1uz yet but I can only imagine it would be close to the other toyota engines. The new GPIO box is more then a daughter card...it will be an amazing jump on the MSII but you can't use it on MSI because it will be CAN BUS. Anyway that is all besides the point. I want a megasquirt section of my very own. I am sure it will get used extensively so please, please add it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
MightyAl said:
actually there is very little difference in principle between the 5m/6m, 7m, and jz motors. They all use a 12+1 VR signal. The 7m and jz motors require a few more VB921 to fire the coils but that is really the only difference and MSnS extra can do sequential ignition on a 6 cylinder motor. I dont know enought about the 1uz yet but I can only imagine it would be close to the other toyota engines. The new GPIO box is more then a daughter card...it will be an amazing jump on the MSII but you can't use it on MSI because it will be CAN BUS. Anyway that is all besides the point. I want a megasquirt section of my very own. I am sure it will get used extensively so please, please add it.

see that made no sense to me. we definitely need a megasquirt section, since I want to use one.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
mattg6o said:
see that made no sense to me. we definitely need a megasquirt section, since I want to use one.
No MightyAl's pretty much right. There's no need for individual engine catagories; it all pretty much is the same principle on all generations. The differences lie in what route for ignition you choose and what MS software/hardware is applied.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
cheappower82 said:
No MightyAl's pretty much right. There's no need for individual engine catagories; it all pretty much is the same principle on all generations. The differences lie in what route for ignition you choose and what MS software/hardware is applied.
LOL he meant he didnt under what he said at all..... :badger:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts