Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
bring back this thread a little bit.
ive desided to go with MSnS-E...so let the fun begin...
i plan on using a stock distributor along with my Accel super coil for spark...
440cc injectors for fuel now...ill get to bigger injectors soon enough...
ill be keepin it under 8psi until other mods have been taken into consideration(like fp:iocrunks2: ) newb q:anyway to test a fp for flow? for some reason my pump is screamin, fuel level doesnt seem to have an effect either...previous owner said he replaced the pump, but no specs...he also said he replaced the engine...and that was a 6m...so im wondering...

something im kinda stuck wondering on is wideband? can you datalog with lap top and mega tune or do i need another program?? do i need an lm/lc-1??? im just confused on it...

currently i have a friend here in town who has successfully built his MSII and is willing to help me learn and build my own...so bare with me, im still kinda a newb at this...i dont wanna rely on him for all the questions. lol

anyhelp is appreciated...

yes im on the ms forums(msefi & msextra) but id kinda like to post more here, for you guys have supras...not random cars and can answer questions more directly(no guessing games) tho not everyone here is ms knowledgeable...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You can do it on your computer. You can do logs and from those logs there is a program that help get the fuel map better according to some algorithm, that is if you start close to what you need.

The logging program is called mega log viewer

This should get you going in the right direction.

http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=25

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
also, if you need 440's with clips lmk. i got some. pigtail o nthe clips isnt that long though, but enough to soldier.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thanks guys. i should be ordering the kit in the next week sometime... im ordering the MSI ver.3 board, Wideband 02, water/air temp sensors(i need the water temp correct? or is the stocker good?), a 2nd map sensor for altitude correction, and the 12' pigtail harness... this will get me started... i posted a question on what needs to be done with the stock distributor to make it work... Donnie said and showed me pics of his distributor and he just ground all the teeth off but 6 evenly spaced ones... but someone on the msefi forum said that i could just grind 6 evenly spaced teeth off?? im confused on that... i get the concept on how vr sensors work, but can you just setup ms to read it that way or what?

Have any of you guys delt with the usb adabtors?? ill be buying a lap top from a buddy soon and i was just wondering if you guys have delt with them or not? opinions?

O, and sorry william, i got my injector clips already, thanks tho!

THANKS guys!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
(i need the water temp correct? or is the stocker good?),
The stock toyota one will work. you need to do a temp correction in megatune and burn it the MS and you will be se.

a 2nd map sensor for altitude correction,
You can try this If you have not bought your primary sensor. I will be getting this when I get closer to installing my system.
http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/mapdaddy-sensor-with-barometric-correction-p-117.html

Have any of you guys delt with the usb adabtors??
USB adaptor works for me. I bought it through the DIY autotune site.

For the dizzy I ground off the teeth and left 6 evenly spaced teeth. I have not tried it and I will ge going a different route now.

Darrow

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
thats map looks like a nice little piece :)

can anyone send me a link that explains in detail what i need to do to the distributor?

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
This is the Biggest issue in my book. Basicly mod the dizzy pickups, and hook it up to the MS BOX and use the right settings. Very vauge but that is the basics. No one has really put up proven info yet.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I hope some of you v1 guys try the dual VR circuit; I think if you can get that to work, it'll open more opportunities (like COP)

i'm trying to get some ECU plugs for a fuel only PnP; guess I shouldn't have sold my only spare ECU's. if anyone has a bad 83-86 ECU, please hook me up

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
What parts would be needed?

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
so basically just use a rotory tool to cut the other 18 teeth out and put it all back together... as far as an ECU donnie, you pay shipping and you can have my spare.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Tell you what, I'll send you a vacuum advance distributor (82 vintage) which already has the six teeth on the reluctor wheel. the advance needs to be locked out and the pickup wired with about 10' of shielded/twisted wire.

fair trade?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
fair enough. the ecu is outta my 85 parts car...lets take this to pms...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Check my order list:
PCB 3.0 Unassembed kit, Stimulator v2.2 unassemlbed kit, IAT sensor, and Relay Board Unassembled.

Is this everything I will need for the N/A 6M, cams, exhaust, intake, etc.?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
what are the differences with the 2.2 and 3 boards? why is the price so dramatic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think it has something to do with them being alot more resistant to 'abuse'
from us noobs and i think it has better tuning maps? its all on the msefi forums....

walkerhiboost: why did you get a relay board? i was under the impression that if your car was already efi than you didn't need it?
good luck anyway:p

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The relay board is for another project.....I will have my grandma's 1981 Datsun B210 wagon soon.....rotary pwerd......hahahhaha

21 - 40 of 222 Posts